Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Kerry's statements

The thing that impresses me so much about McCain is that he is a real person. I remember watching him on TV, the topic was abortion and he was asked, "If your teenage daughter got pregnant what would you do?

He said "I don't know. I guess my family and I would have to sit down and discuss it."

I think that was awesome because him being a republican you'd expect him to say that he was flat out against abortion, ect...

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Weeeee!

Well what the republicans have going for them at the moment is that they are showing to people that they base their opinions not on Gallot polls but in what they believe in. You can either like them for their views or move to the next candidate. They don't try to please the crowd or voters they are in front of and then turn around and say something else in front of a different crowd. Another candidate that has a high acceptence rating is Colin Powell. I loved him as a General as well as Secretary of State and still have a lot of faith in him. If these guys ran as President and Vice President. It would be tough to put anyone against them. They have high moral values and back up their beliefs with actions.

Thread Hijack. Sorry Still a good discussion.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

I believe that Obama needs a little more time in the Senate before running for president. McCain and Powell would be good choice becuase they are moderates and I think that is what this country needs. Not a super liberal or a (sorry for the term) NeoCon Republican.

While I kinda agree Dre that Republicans are sticking to their guns on issues it is also shooting themselves in the foot. I would kind of like a canidate that has some flexiblity to them in order to adapt to change and also be open to compromise. Thats not saying I want a canidate that up and changes at will but what Ive seen of the majority of both parties is an inablility to compromise of positions for the greater good. Rather they bicker back and forth until elections and then use it against their opposition.

Also what Ive seen out of the Republicans more than the Democrats is very very harsh ads and that is really alienated me from them. 90% of ads I have seen endorsing a Republican canidate have been not only negative but disturbingly negative. Once again that doesnt mean Democrats are off the hook (Think Blago dre) but I have seen it much more and much harsher from the Republicans.

Unfortunatly I am unable to vote in this election due tobeing in college. I missed the absentee ballot registration by 1 day and am 2 states away from my hometown.

once again [/Soap Box]

U. Dayton 2010 Go Flyers!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
The Black Parade is DEAD!

All politics are today are red vs blue, with no inbetween, and eveyone seems to think their opinion's are correct. For whatever reason, people think it is wrong to be something with the ideals of something else.

While I do feel that the Democrats are the lesser of the two evils, what Kerry said was wrong and he should apologize. Don't think it's as bad as Foley, and this is Kerry thing is only going to be used to distract everyone from that.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderpaintball
I believe that Obama needs a little more time in the Senate before running for president. McCain and Powell would be good choice becuase they are moderates and I think that is what this country needs. Not a super liberal or a (sorry for the term) NeoCon Republican.

[/Soap Box]
Troof. I'm sick of partisan politics. We need someone who gets the job done, but doesn't want to come in and make major changes that would rattle the very foundation of our country.

for intelligent, civilized politics talk.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Unofficial member of the Old Farts Club... 40 going on 15

I'm as Republican as they can and I can understand that it was meant as a swipe at the Pres. But Frankenstein was never known for his ability to deliver a joke. It is a shame that it came off the way it did. Especially for the people serving and their families. Kerry is a buffoon and will always be one. I'm from Mass and I've seen it first hand.

I have been a staunch supporter of McCain. I wish he would through his hat into the ring again. Like some of you have said, he comes off as an honest down to earth guy.
2 - IONs - 360 QEV, Egg II, Redz Clamping Feedneck, TechT L7,ND Detents. Freak w/ All American Front

Last edited by nbishop66 : 11-01-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 PM

baha, that picture is awesome dex.
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Weeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbishop66
I'm as Republican as they can and I can understand that it was meant as a swipe at the Pres. But Frankenstein was never known for his ability to deliver a joke. It is a shame that it came off the way it did. Especially for the people serving and their families. Kerry is a buffoon and will always be one. I'm from Mass and I've seen it first hand.

I have been a staunch supporter of McCain. I wish we through he hat into the ring again. Like some of you have said, he comes off as an honest down to earth guy.
Kerry is thinking of throwing his hat in again in '08. Imagine that.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Hate Forest Ball

kerrys statement was stupid but,
can someone name one thing that the republicans have done for us in office,
WHERES OSAMA BIN LADEN, its been five freckin years and we have satellites that can zoom onto the earth witin like twenty feet, googleeart?.
Also, did anyone happen to see president bushes state of the union address for this year, well to get to the point, he hasnt done one thing that he says that he was going to do.
all the republicans ever talk about is tax cuts, but thee thing peoiple forget to realized is that these tax cuts for the middle classs are only like 100 a year, for me at least, the majority of the tax cuts that they talk about are for the super rich, this needs to change
did you know that 98% of our nations wealth is held by 2% of our populaiton, thats messed up.
and did you notice that as soon as election time roll around and the republicnas realize that their approval ratings are ****ty (32% for bush), the gas prices mysteriously begin to drop, not a conincidence.
also, what are we doing in Iraq, seriously, and please dont ayone question my patronage, i love america with all my heart, but what did Suddam ever do to us. nothing, and dont even try to say 9/11, do some research pleaswe. Osoma bin laden and Suddam Hussein hate each other, the one is a shi'it and the other is a sunni, they are constantly at war with one another. we go into iraq saying that their ppeople are being abuswed, but what about all the poeple in africa that are starving to death and are at constant war and genocide with one another, anyone eveyr herard about the problem in the congo and other parts of africa, is because maybe that their black and that their was oil in iraq, i say yes
did you also know that china more or less owns our asses, we are in 9.2 trillion dollars of debt, 9.2 trillionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, china and other countries such as saudi arabia give us this lona this money, what happens when they want to collect, were screwedddedddddddddddddddddddddddddd

so i beg you, dont let kerrys stupid ass comment effecdt your vote, vote democratic on november 9th

if you support the democratic party, put it in ur sig
Halo TSA Backman Hopper
Shockteck SupaFly Bolt
PMI Pure Energy 72ci 3000psi
Clamping Feedneck
Aim Shock Regulator
Check it Assault Block
Macroline Kit
***Rodeo Owners Club***