Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Shoot the incoming player and play on. 19 48.72%
Shoot the incoming player and play on, but discipline the loudmouth after the game. 9 23.08%
Shoot the incoming player, but call yourself out. Give him a 1 for 1. 7 17.95%
Ignore the warning and play on. Whether you live or not, you play it fair. 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
<- Is It Dead??

Default Re: What would you do....? A question of integrity

i'd turn and rip the dudes face off, keep playing, win the game, then thank the guy who yelled. anything goes as long as you dont get caught, if you think the other team wouldnt cheat you in the blink of an eye your ignorant.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
*713*

play fair. i had some stupid moron i know trying to tell me to bump and bunker a guy but i ignored him and yelled at him at the end of the game.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Again, I think that most people would say differently if this were happening during a tournament where points matter, and an entry fee, paint costs, moving to the finals, etc were at stake. Seems peoples morals change when there's something tangible on the line.

Also, again, not that this is cheating. At least I don't think so. I mean, you are taking advantage of something that you didn't set up or ask for. This is the thing Clint Eastwood talks about in Hamburger Hill. Adapt and overcome.

And sac is right. The people who talk about how honest they were in a tournament are usually the one's watching the finals from the bleachers or going home early...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:58 PM
SlalomSki stuk to my feet

Id turn and shoot him just out of reaction. I would feel bad about it.. depending on the team we were playing or who it was. There are some real a-holes at my field. If it was some one cool I'd call myself out.
bamfhacker: next time wear butt pads
Old 01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

Seeing how i mostly play PSP 5man style coaching is allowed so i would listen and shoot the guy out. More than likely if i was playing nppl style i would still listen to the guy because its out of practice.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Guy with the Dragun

I'd probably shoot the oncoming guy and not worry about the right or wrong of it. It's not like having a headset in your helm with a spotter telling you all the moves, or to all you CS guys, "ghosting".
Originally Posted by druid
well...CO2 (or Carbon Dioxide) remains CO2 until trees turn it into Oxygen. So...if there aren't any trees in your tank...it should be fine
hmmm, so if i put a tree in a co2 tank, then it will turn into.... HPA!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Pump Freak!

Interesting responses. Thanks for the input and keep it coming. I realize that coaching from the sidelines is legal in certain series and not in others, so some people might not have a problem with accepting coaching from the side. Having never played by those rules, I wouldnt be comfortable dishing out an elimination like that. If I didn't see him coming, its my own fault. Don't get me wrong... I would take the shot. It would be hard not to. Coaching or no coaching, I would rather shoot someone than get shot anyday! But I would give him the 1 for 1 for getting the drop on me (and I would try find the guy who coached from the sidelines and slap him around a little for good measure).

As far as the "if you think the other team isn't cheating, you're ignorant" thing goes... I dont really care what they're doing. I've watched people wipe off hits I scored on them, or just plain ignore a clear elimination (refs included). Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather play an honest game myself... even if that means going home early. If you have to cheat to be a serious baller, I dont want to be a serious baller. Just personal pref I guess.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
10/19/03

- Shooting the incoming player.
- Play until you are shot, "play on" makes it sound like you are "playing on" as in with a hit.
- I would yell at whoever said it during the game
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 PM

This is from Tygers vid isnt it

To be honest, in this situation, if i got the warning, i would have shot him out. No one wants to be bunkered. But if someone I was going to bunker was told my position, i would have ben royally pissed at them (the person on the sidelines). Its hard to say....

Proud Owner of an Automag!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave714
As far as the "if you think the other team isn't cheating, you're ignorant" thing goes... I dont really care what they're doing. I've watched people wipe off hits I scored on them, or just plain ignore a clear elimination (refs included). Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather play an honest game myself... even if that means going home early. If you have to cheat to be a serious baller, I dont want to be a serious baller. Just personal pref I guess.
ditto

I'm trying to think of the "character" quote in the video but can't and I can't download it at home.

JB