Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Shoot the incoming player and play on. 19 48.72%
Shoot the incoming player and play on, but discipline the loudmouth after the game. 9 23.08%
Shoot the incoming player, but call yourself out. Give him a 1 for 1. 7 17.95%
Ignore the warning and play on. Whether you live or not, you play it fair. 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Pump Freak!

Default What would you do....? A question of integrity

I was reading through another forum and stumbled across a debate that stemmed from a sticky situation during a game of speedball. The story was that a back player wasn't really paying attention and was nearly bunkered. An opposing player was running towards him, but someone from the sidelines yelled "Dude, you're about to get bunkered" and it gave the player just enough time to turn and fire. He shot out the guy who was coming in for the bunker move, and then he continued to play.

In the argument that stemmed from this little scenario, several people were using the the statement "what would you do?" to prove their point but no one has actually answered their own question. So now I would like to ask you all. Here we go... Imagine yourself as the back player. You're rocking the game and holding your opponents down. Then suddenly you hear one of your buddies (who should know better) yell from the sidelines that you're about to get capped. What would you do? (see poll above)
Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

Default Re: What would you do....? A question of integrity

who am i? the bunkerer, the back guy, or the yeller?
Old 01-11-2006, 03:52 PM
RaWr

Taking clues from the crowd is common, personally when i am playing i tend to block out everything that is going on besides on the feild, I have kind of locked down on my teamates voices and i tend to only listen to them and the coach (if allowed). but I would probably be upset if that happened to me, and I would expect the person to learn from his mistake.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

id pwn his face and then smack talk the guy like i was the bomb digity
Old 01-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Hawkeye Luv

if i ended up hearing it, i'm sure i would look fast and probably heed his warning... unfortunately. as much as i'd like to say i wouldn't, i bet it would happen.

justin

Misc. SALE - Cocker parts, Ion spares, Spyder barrels, Stingray & more!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM
shake shake shake shake shake shake

i would prolly act on what the guy said. when i see someone is about to get bunkered, i shut my mouth cuz its usually funny to watch
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

This is one of those hypothetical questions that you can't ever answer, because no one really knows what they would do in that particular situation. You would hope that you do the right thing, but you never know.

However, if I had the wherewithal to realize what was happening, I would probably shoot the incoming player, continue playing and then after the game ream the fellow out big time (if one of my teammates.) Of course, it depends on the situation. Is this a tournament or a rec game? I would hope I wouldn't do that in a rec game, but in a tournament where points matter, and if the ref didn't do anything about it, then I'd take the opportunity for the points. Cheating? I don't think so. It's not like I asked him to do it, fans are yelling things all the time anyway, and if the refs hear it and don't do anything about it, oh well! It's a very gray area in here...

The problem is, after a lifetime of playing team sports, like Barron said, you tend to ignore those not on the field, so I kinda doubt I would even hear them unless they were right next to me and shouting like crazy...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
id pwn his face and then smack talk the guy like i was the bomb digity

Yeii Yeii yea just keep playing and own his face along with some other chest/nut shots. even tho the sidelines guy was just trying to help its not right to give one team the advantage unfairly by calling out where veryone was. that kid that yelled probably felt like a dumbass after he said that.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Respected, period.

If I heard him, which I doubt I would because I hear nothing but the people on the field and the paintballs hitting near me, I would turn and shoot the guy. Then I'd probably have a talk with whoever yelled it out on the sidelines.

If I was the guy who was shot out because the yeller, I'd probably bonus ball the yeller.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I went for the 1 for 1 if it's in a rec game but in all honesty if I'm still in the very back bunker right beside the entrance (which I'm pretty sure is where the player was in the vid) I should to be shot anyway for not moving!

Another scenario would be me telling the person helping me to shut the f*** up and getting shot while doing so!

I'm an honest player and alway's will be but I curse and scream and hollar when I see thing's that just aren't respectful or just plain wrong!

JB.