Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If the Democrats took control of Congress, what part of their agenda would concern U
Cutting and running in the War on Terror 5 19.23%
Raising your family's taxes 5 19.23%
Impeachment and investigations 4 15.38%
All of the above 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Hob Hayward's Avatar
Hob Hayward Hob Hayward is offline
not a nublet, sheesh.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 2,848
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Thats just because your rich. Thing is, right now the rich are taxed the least of anyone, and they're the ones who can afford it the most.
__________________
05 Imagine
Palmer stabilizer
Maddman Rocket valve
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
Thats just because your rich. first of all, I am not rich, i am still a minor which means i currently have no property rights and am subordinant to my parents, you could argue that my parents are rich, but after you buy a really expensive thing... you tend to have less money. that would be like me taxing you more because you dug in your back yard until you found a hunk of gold and didnt sell it.Thing is, right now the rich are taxed the least of anyone, and they're the ones who can afford it the most.just because the rich can afford being taxed doesnt mean they should. american society is based on social mobility and if you continually oppress many who have earned what they now have (others inherit it) then you are completely smashing that which america was founded on, sure, many people were born into poverty and they arent to blame for their monetary status, but that's a fact of life. you dont chop off a baby's arm just because another baby was born without one
do you have a support i could examine, im not really sure i understand what you are saying. are you saying poorer people are taxed more in comparison to the amount of money they make (ie tax percent is higher?) or are you saying the amount of money a poorer person sends to the government is more money than a rich person sends to the government?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

The problem with the Liberals running Congress isn't anything on that list. The things they want to change are things that are moral issues that have been accepted for hundreds of years until now. Abortion, gay marriage, gun control. We can just plan on bending over and taking it up the tailpipe if the Democrats take over the country.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

the problem with that is who is the government to decide what you believe morally?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Theheroguy Theheroguy is offline
Spyder Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
The problem with the Liberals running Congress isn't anything on that list. The things they want to change are things that are moral issues that have been accepted for hundreds of years until now. Abortion, gay marriage, gun control. We can just plan on bending over and taking it up the tailpipe if the Democrats take over the country.
dude thats way out of lineand insulting thats rude to gay people and democrats in general. Just because your amod doesn't mean you can say any thing you want

before anyone tries it I'm not gay
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheroguy
dude thats way out of lineand insulting thats rude to gay people and democrats in general. Just because your amod doesn't mean you can say any thing you want

before anyone tries it I'm not gay
he was stating his fears of what would happen. it wasnt bad at all...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
he was stating his fears of what would happen. it wasnt bad at all...
Thanks marv.

Hero, you have a PM.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 PM
bigred76's Avatar
bigred76 bigred76 is offline
Resident *******
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,228
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

It's odd hearing about "gun control" from a guy who hunts from the back of his pick-up truck. (had to say it, LOL!)

Before this thread gets out of hand and locked, I wanted to say this: What will come, will come. None of your discussions will change it. If a Democrat gets elected, who cares? If a Republican gets elected, who cares? Parties don't matter at all to me. The person themself is what I'm interested in, and I honestly am repulsed by people judging others based on what party they closest align to.

Now that I've said my bit, back to your regularly scheduled Party v.s. Party discussion.
__________________
SOC (+41, -0) | PBN (+12, -0) | New PBN (+20, -0)

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-27-2006, 04:11 AM
thechubbss12's Avatar
thechubbss12 thechubbss12 is offline
Indian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

I Like the country just the way it is.... Gay marrages still a no (FTW), Abortion on the fence causeing alot of people to not get some, we are in a war, and gas prices are going down....

IMO that all works for the good for me.... As for if the demos take over... i would be afraid i would get impeached
__________________
OKC Yayo

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

There is only one issue you guys speak of that I disagree with and that is gay marriage. How does that affect your morals? If they are legally allowed how will that change your morals? If they were allowed it would not affect you at all, so whats the big deal. I guess having a loved one who is gay (I have a cousin who is gay) might change your perspective on this. I can't say I'm an advocate for gay people or want to hear or see about their life, but why, if 2 partners love each other, can't they get married? You can say "It says in the bible" all you want but then what happened to separation of church and state. Honestly why should the government have a say in it at all?
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:19 PM.