Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If the Democrats took control of Congress, what part of their agenda would concern U
Cutting and running in the War on Terror 5 19.23%
Raising your family's taxes 5 19.23%
Impeachment and investigations 4 15.38%
All of the above 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: If the Democrats took control of Congress

Timmy - ok, so the Reps outweigh the dems in this forum. It happens. I know that the Reps are seriously outweighed in a place like PBNation. It happens. I'm sure somewhere there's equal balance somewhere, but it isn't here. I agree the potential for this to get out of hand, but you don't need to start it off with the first shot.

From what I could see of the responses prior to yours (mine and BAMF's) it was not a DEM vs REP thing. Yours is the only one that wsa an attack...If you wanna hear more, the concerns I have ALSO apply to if the REPs continue to hold office. Don't you hate taxes? I do - I know I need to pay them and they're necessary, but it's just one parties idea of fair taxes or the other. These concerns are a legitimate issue, no matter who holds office. I hope they don't go up, no matter who gets the majority. I also believe what I said about the war. It's not rep or dems that concern me. Any American citizen should be concerned with these issues. However, let's not go about making this a "The Republicans are a bunch of complainers" and "The Democrats are a bunch of sissies" crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
None of the above.

The fear of having every republican on this board complain constantly would be my biggest concern.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech Warrior
Of course, the Republicans aren't much better these days.
Don't tell them that. They won't believe you.
So you felt the need to get the first bloody shot in? Before any of us "republicans" come in and trash the democrats? What I'm saying is that this doesn't need to be kickstarted with anti-anything, regardless of the intention of the original poster. Possibly a civilized thought or two, without bashing the republicans of this forum would have been a better response?

Before you get upset, I would have said the same thing about a Republican response such as yours as well. I just don't think it's necessary. A civilized debate, yes - hatred and name calling - no.

Shunut - I can close this as well, but I'll hold it open until it starts becoming negative. PBNation has a forum for those wanting to get jumpy. Feel free to go there and speak all you want. I don't have closing or deleting powers there, so feel free!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
I don't think he wants to get into a political debate. He's avoided them since the last election and what happened on KUSA.
I also evade them usually, but I wasn't trying to say anything with my original post - negative one way or the other. Those concerns are legitimate concerns every American should have, no matter who's in office.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Weeeee!

As I have stated in the previous forum I am no more of a republican than a democrat. I just choose who I vote for by weighing out the issues that they believe in. This can be difficult from all the mudslinging in the campaigns where the one candidate is trying to put words in the other candidates mouth. Lately I have just been siding with the republican party due to the clearly outlined goals that they want to achieve in the next few years than the Dems not even stating what they believe in anymore. Just telling the Republicans that they are doing everything all wrong. If they have better ideas then why don't they share it instead of waiting for November when they take over the House and Senate? Just confusing.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
RaWr

I have yet to enter a political debate with anyone on these boards, nor do I want to start, the last election was bad for everyone when it came to debates.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
owch

Gay marrige will be leagalized

I'm not saying that bad i kinda support it people should be able to do what they want to do even if some people dont like it
NATO: NOOBs Are Taking Over

I could really care less if your parents pay for your paintball stuff
Old 10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

Quote:
None of the above.
QFT
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Spyder Addict

I think I'm going to be more of on the middle democrat/liberal side. My mom is a conservative democrat who believes in abortion (what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheroguy
I think I'm going to be more of on the middle democrat/liberal side. My mom is a conservative democrat who believes in abortion (what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
which is why i say political labels are dumb

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Meh, I say none will concern me really. I just hope that they fix the taxes. As in tax the rich more, not like teh cheapo Bush.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
As in tax the rich more, not like teh cheapo Bush.
two guys walk in to a bar, both buy the same drink, but one is charged more because he is rich... is that fair? why tax the rich more? everyone (should, and if not it should be adjusted so that the amount taxed more is only equal to the amount of extra services) recieves equal services under the government then why should a select few be punished for making more money. i do however believe taxes should be optional, like a home security system, or insurance.... you pay it and then when something happens they help you out, but if you dont pay it you are SOL when something does happen, dumb choice for you.