View Poll Results: Review of VS3 Marker
Recommended! 6 60.00%
Is an OK product 3 30.00%
Not recommended! 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm the Gimpinator! I'll be back!

Default Review of Spyder VS3

I recieved a VS3 the other day as a get well gift and I had the ability to put a few rounds through it yesterday. This has to be the best Kingman marker ever made.

The weaknesses:
- Limited firing modes -- Limited to 3round burst and semi-auto.
- Will only accept 'slim' barrels. Not all spyder threaded barrels will fit, due
to body work/milling that hangs out over the barrel.
- Grips did not sit flush when battery was first installed.

The strengths:
- Easy to use
- A lot more quiet than expected.
- accurate
- consistant
- easy to pull trigger for a high BPS
- Easy to disassemble
- Eyes can be disabled on the run

The limited firing modes are too bad, as the rocking trigger is easy to pull and its easy to get a high rate of speed going. With as much hype as there has been about this series, I do not see the barrel issue being a problem for long. I'm sure someone will start to make 'slim' barrels. The grip problem was only an issue at first. It took some moving around of the wires in the grip frame, but the grip now sits flush. The only reason I list this as a weakness is because it took a little more time and effort than one would expect to get the grips to sit flush.

The strengths of this marker far out-weight the weaknesses though. The marker is easy to use right out of the box. Even stock the marker works great. Its accurate and consistant. While it only has 2 LED lights to tell you which mode and settings you have, its still a very easy system to use as the LEDS are multi-colored. The eyes can also be disabled with a single button push, if you ever need to disable them or want to.

The marker is easily disassembled. To remove the bolt you simply pull up on the locking pin, and the bolt slides right out the back. Its a 5second removeal process. To remove the striker/hammer you just need to remove a screw underneath the velocity adjuster, but its a small screw so it only takes a few seconds to remove that as well. Then everything slides out the back. Cleaning and maintenance on this marker should be a breeze.

I was really impressed with how well and how consistant the marker shot right out of the box. It met and exceeded my expectations of a stock marker out of the box. With the lower operating pressure, and the stock barrel, the marker was pretty accurate. It shot pretty consistantly even when I was putting the rocking trigger to good use and pulling as fast as I can. Even at a high rate of fire, I didn't notice any kick from the marker.

I really am impressed by this marker. After I was done firing it, it was hard to believe that it was a kingman marker. It feels and shoots like a high end marker. If you're looking to spend $250 on a marker, the VS3 is a great choice. With the lower operating pressue, you're sure to get off more shots before you run out of air as well. This marker is a joy to shoot and I can not wait to shoot it again. Even if you really are not fond of any of the weaknesses, I'm sure upgrades from kingman or other aftermarker upgrades will be available soon to meet your needs.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Re: Review of Spyder VS3

please Only Post Comments If You Own The Item And Have Additional Information To Add

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 PM

The vs3 is a great marker, I had sum complications at first however with the feedneck and the gauge....couldnt get it to clamp to my velocity at first ...but then it clamped later on and i got the hang of it. its pretty fast omg.....but the barrel is an issue in my opinion, its better for speedball than it is for woods because of the range issue; im prob gona get tha 14'' vs3 spyder barrel soon.

I remember when I was on the field yesturday, and one of the refs was pointing me out saying "omg guys look its the grim "ripper!" which made me feel good inside, haha.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Spyder Addict

compared to a custom lp spyder, built for roughly the same price, how's the vs3?