Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2006, 05:02 AM
To the MAX

Default Super Shimmin

Ok, so for the past couple days i've been trying to get my gun to work right, so i've been tuning it to be able to shoot at least 100ft (aiming at a basketball hoop 150ft away, yes, i know it's not accurate) anyways, i needed to use the heavy spring (gun's running at 400psi, i can't go higher due to rocketvalve) the heavy spring though, even when turned out all the way, was too strong for the sear. this morning i was thinking about that, and tried adjusting the velocity using a rebel velocity knob, since it's a bit longer. that wouldn't cut it for me, so, i found an old cupseal, and stuck it in behind the plastic shim, screwed the velocity in a bit, and went out side and fired at the hoop. perfectly straight shot all the way past the hoop (didn't hit cause i was just aiming in that direction)
point is, if you need a medium spring because the heavy spring is to strong, try using an old cupseal behind the stock shim and use that. if it's too much, sand it down to you see fit. it works great to get more fps out of an lp gun imo. later today i'm going to see how much i can lower my psi now.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 09-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Here, there, everywhere!

Default Re: Super Shimmin

what is your fps?
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 AM
To the MAX

i'm not sure yet since i haven't gotten a chrono, but, i'm shooting extremly hot, that much i do know. (if anyone has a chrono they're selling for cheap....i'd appreciate it.)
i think when i go to buy more paint, i'll bring my gun along and see if the shop can chrono it
my friends and i are trying to pull together cash to buy a chrono, so it's a slow process lol. the reason why i'm really happy about this little "mod" i did to the gun, is that it's still using the medium spring, but getting higher fps than the heavy spring was getting turned up all the way, but isn't having any high rof problems. (i couldn't shoot faster than 7bps with the heavy spring no matter what)
(btw, i do know i NEED a chrono,and that my method is in no way accurate.)

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Nenkitsune : 09-26-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 AM
addicted to stock

Be careful. You may damage your gun.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:37 AM

Respected, period.

So what spring do you have in there with the cup seal, the heavy one?

I don't think he will damage it, Shocktech use to make a shim kit for Spyders which was basically the samething.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 AM
To the MAX

i'm using the medium spring right now. i still have the stock shim in it too. i'm just glad i've finally got my spring issue resolved in my gun, and i can finally start getting everything setup how i want it. i've had nothing but problems getting it to run decently at400psi, when it should run lower. the problem has always been with the springs. a medium spring turned up all the way was too weak, and the heavy spring was too strong when it was turned down all the way. i'm going to sand the small end off of the cupseal so i can adjust my velocity better.
the only reason why it would damage my gun is if it gets screwed in so far the shim hits the striker, but i already figured out where that point is, and it's way too far in to be used anyways. i may end up trimming the shim's stem a bit so it's shorter.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 AM
addicted to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune
the only reason why it would damage my gun is if it gets screwed in so far the shim hits the striker, but i already figured out where that point is, and it's way too far in to be used anyways. i may end up trimming the shim's stem a bit so it's shorter.
That's where I was going with that - good to see you've got that figured out.

Are you aware of the Shocktech shim kit? I realize your solution is cheaper, but the shim kit comes with 6 different spring guides, which would give you some more flexibility in adjustments. http://www.shocktechusa.com/pages/ma...spy_shmkit.htm

Alamo City Paintball offers a 'velocity kit' that is only $4.95. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTP...spydervbk.html

You might want to pick up some spring kits from different makers, too. Who knows - the Maddmann medium may be stiffer than the 32* medium, etc.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:19 AM
To the MAX

yeah, i'm aware of the shim kits. the reason why i did what i did was a spur of the moment "i wonder if..." type thing. it worked out very well though. just a few adjustments to it and i'll be set

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Indian

ehh with that set up you should be running much lower then 400PSI.... you might wanna adjust your Dwell on the rocket valve.... it seems like it is too low....

If you need a rebuild kit... then i have one...

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:43 PM
To the MAX

it's not to low, since i've never touched it XP
it's the regulator....it's the stock kingman reg. right now i'm pushin it by running it at 400psi. when i shoot it drops down to like 200psi. i'm also going to drill the va some more
i also found out i had to many prewinds in my qloader, and it was causing a lot of problems with extremly slow/bad shots. i always test my gun with a few rounds at a time though, so i never notice till i actually play
what else could possibly cause a gun to shoot poorly like mine? i mean, it recocks 300psi, but not any lower because of the regulator. Could it just be that the kingman reg sucks soo much that it can't handle pressures that low? it makes sense doesn't it?
actually about the rocket valve dwell, it helped a lot by making it have less dwell that the full length pin, because it goes into my va, and cuts the flow down it seems

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Nenkitsune : 09-26-2006 at 02:05 PM.