Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 AM

Default MR1 Compatible Parts

Hi, i hope this thread will gather vital informations for us, spyder mr1 lovers.

What i am searching for is a Single Trigger Frame, but there is some compatibility problems with the usual frames i found, they says the original old kingman metal triger frame with m16 grip will not fit the mr1

I would like you all to help me up in creating a MR1 compatibility chart , to document which mods fits, and wich don't. I dont have much informations on my part but im sure this thread can evolve to a decent guide for the MR1. So here are the info i can put on, some infos are from this forum, please dont tell me: "there is a thread for this"

First. here my gun, updated pictures:

The gun contains:
Spyder MR1
Pro-team mx4 mr1 stock, butt stock pad
CAA m4 Cheek Piece
Rap4 Phantom Handguard with a 16" rifled barrel and m16 bayonnet lug
Folding tactical grip and 3 King Arms rail covers
G&P Quick detach Offset sight rail
Aim point 40 mm red dot sight replica with cantilever mount
Ricochet 2K Loader
CCM MR1 & MR2 Feedneck Adapter & CCM Imp/Shocker/Ion Heli Clamp No Rise Feed Neck - Matt Black
Tactical sling
32 degrees Remote kit
CP Flame Drop Forward
Spyder Classic Trigger Frame with mr1 trigger spring

About mods:

Barrel: To stay in the same color scheme, the Trinity 14" or 16" for spyder will fit and improve accuracy. Other standard issue spyder barrels will fit. No room and no easy fitting for an under barrel volumizer.
J&J Ceramic 14" is particularly loved by forums members owning an mr1.
(UPDATE: some people said the Hammerhead barrel fit the mr1, but this is wrong, according to RAP4, the treadings are ok, but the barrel diameter does not fit the MR1/MR2 barrel casing, up to you to prove them wrong)

Handguard: BT M4 handguard: look for the handguard only, the BT barrel are not fitted to the spyder but the handguard has adjustable screws to have it fitted on any barrel, the handguard is 9", so if you have 9" free between the underbarrel cylinder and your muzzle, it will fit, the problem is: the damn thing cost 150$ i decided to buy another one from rap4, they also are 150$ but they come with a 16" rifled barrel that can be fit to the mr1.
(Update: Trinity has m16 and ak47 handguards that fits on the mr1. Rap4 also makes some killer handguards with cool barrels ---> newest handguard: the m16 vietnam version!!!

Expansion chamber: I have seen mr1s with expansion chambers, replacing the
original foregrip. Remote coil can replace the utility of an expansion chamber.
Some of us are still waiting for an answer to this question: the ak47 and m16 expansion chamber from Trinity, will they fit the mr1? (UPDATE: recently answered on another forum, yes the m16 fits, but it makes a half inch space between the marker and the expansion chamber which looks very awkward. the ak47 is for the mr2, not for the mr1.)

Stock: I love the sawed off dogleg design cutted from the original stock, but there are a couple stock out there that will fit:

Allen Paintball Products Hittmann Stock
GunHead Spyder-O Stock
Trinity Paintball Spyder Military Stock
Blackpoint Engineering Combat Folding Stock
Special Ops Paintball T2W Stock
In Yo Face Paintball Products Universal T-Stock
[UPDATE] Pro team fx commando stock for mr1 and mr2, Proteam mx4 stock for mr1 and mr2.
Rap4 m4 stocks: be cautious, they dont fit as well as it is shown, PBGrandpa had those issues on his mr1.

Bolt: The original bolt is very good, i see no need to change it. i have read some people who have messed up with their detent and it created ball chopping problems. Be cautious when playing with that part.
The rocking trigger frame sometimes come with an upgrade bolt, it will fit on the mr1.
(UPDATE: A good recommendation would be the delrin bolt, some users said.)

Sight Rail: Look for sight, scopes and offset rail or riser for standard 7/8" dovetail, RIS, picatinny rails. Dont buy scopes or sight for 3/8" ( 10mm) they are for .22 rifles and pellet guns.
The In Yo Face off set rail will not fit. ( it is made for 3/8" dovetail, the mr1 has a 7/8".
The 45degrees offset rail will fit
any small rail riser will fit, but be aware the size of your sight can come in the way with the hopper and the cocking hammer.
A m16 carry handle rail will not fit.
[UPDATE] G&P QD Side Rail : , that angle your sight 45 degrees. There are two avalaible, one is with a normal screw, mine is with a quick detachment arm.
The tightening arm was too tight, so i buffered it a little with the dremel and it works fine.

Ive bought it there www.wgcshop.com and it is also disponible here http://stores.ebay.com/eHobby-Asia-Airsoft-Supplier and at evike.

Trigger: Mechanical trigger frames from older spyders will fit, in fact i believe the mr1 can take every trigger frame for spyders on the market, except maybe from pump markers, if you can try it, tell me.
I have exchanged the mr1 trigger frame for a spyder classic single trigger frame. The trigger frame from the mr1 did not fit on the classic frame, maybe older markers like the classic and compact cant take newest eletro triggers as a rocking trigger.
Note: If you go electronic on the mr1, you will probably need a better bolt.

Grip: None, yet no one has found grips that fit the MR1 without doing some modifications to it. This is a known issue because the grips vanishes over time as the rubber peels off during every game. The cheapest solution is to cover them with cloth, pasted with glue under the grip. (UPDATE: I made grips with wood, wich is very easy with a dremel. Trick: when the rubber peels of the grip, burn the peeled rubber with with a lighter. )

Loader: Every non-A5 loader will fit of course, but be aware if you want a QLoader, it needs an additional 35$ special fitting.
(UPDATE: The main problem with the QLoader is fine tuning it, once its done, its a fantastic loading system)

[UPDATE]: Feedneck: As announced in another post, the sundragon mr1 vertical feedneck is made for the mr1 and mr2, and im looking for a place to buy it, that ships to canada, cause sundragon wont. [UPDATE] CCM is the manufactuer of the feed neck, and they sell it and ship it to canada!!! ( even if not displayed on their site, just contact them and they will be happy to provide feednecks to canadian customers.

http://www.chipleymachine.com/

I think thats all for what i know, i may have forgotten some details but ill post them later, when they come to mind.

Please, feel free to add any information that will help me, and MR1 lovers to tune up the hard to tune MR1.

Thanks

Last edited by Taillo : 04-10-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: MR1 Compatible Parts

Sounds good! Can you send me a link for that cantilever mount?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:58 PM

Here is one link that should not move soon:

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merch...e=Scope_RedDot

but keep in mind i paid no more than 50$ for mine, it was 9$ + 40$ shipping from china.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 AM

RAP 4 has a couple of thing that fits the mr1,
I told earlier about a m4 hand guard of 120$, i have the specs now:
M4 Whitout weaver rail: 60$
M4 Phantom with 3 weaver rail: 95$
M4 Phantom with 3 weaver rail ( long ) 120$
+
Front sight 25$

Thats quitte expensive since it overcomes the marker's price.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:27 AM

www.paintballgear.ca

Now has a mr1 and mr2 M4 Buttstock, adjustable to 6 positions.
Quite expensive, ( 95$ )
Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Update: I found the same buttstock for cheaper here (and other different compatible models):
http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=3455

BIG QUESTION : I found a single trigger frame but, does anyone knows if it will fit the mr1?
http://www.pbn5.com/paintball/paintball.mvc/p=1003623
Old 10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Single trigger frame.... wouldnt a Spyder Compact trigger frame work?

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Unfortunately no, according to kingman technicians, they are for an old series of spyder markers with different threadings.
If ever you can try one without paying, and it works, let me know cause i want it too.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 PM

Yeah I want that Mil-sim look with a single trigger... preferably a sliding trigger. Makes it feel more realistic... Also there is really no need for a double trigger mech gun. If I can get my hands on a compact trigger frame I will let you know. But if that other frame works, I might go for it.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taillo
RAP 4 has a couple of thing that fits the mr1,
I told earlier about a m4 hand guard of 120$, i have the specs now:
M4 Whitout weaver rail: 60$
M4 Phantom with 3 weaver rail: 95$
M4 Phantom with 3 weaver rail ( long ) 120$
+
Front sight 25$

Thats quitte expensive since it overcomes the marker's price.
Whats the link to the M4 Barrels with rails and such that you listed above?

Quote: