Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 08:03 PM
RaWr

Default ZOMG VS NEWS Interview with Arthur Chang

Suprised that this hasnt been posted yet but...

In Issue 42 October of Facefull they interviewed mr chang (CEO of Kingman) about the VS "3G" line.

This is a major release for you company. Do you get scared in moments like these?

I beleice that in life, you have to take chances. You take risks. But before those risks, theres a lot of thinking and planning that go into it. Its true no one really knows whats going to happen next, but its the companys vision and were very confident.

When was the last time for Kingman that there was such a big release. The first Spyder?
Probable around 2001. That was the year when we reposition ed ourselves. It wasnt just the release of the e-markers. We had also divided the company in five different brands. We had Spyder, Spyder e-markers, Raven,Java, Bad Company...
So nothing this big ever happened for Kingman before that precise date?
On a scale like this... Even for the first release of the Spyder at the beginning of the 90's, we didnt have the resources we have now.

Theres a lot of technical innovation in this new line. But you want to go further than that. You have bigger plans for Kingman in general.
Our real objective is to be pure. This year, well ocus entirely on the Spyder line, and in fact, on paintball from head to toe. this means that very soon, our goal is to have a complete line of paintball products. We want to carry everything related to paintball under the spyder name.

So theres a first release with the markers in October.

The first two products, our very high end line of VS, our 3G spyders will be available early October. After that we will gradually start distributing our loaders, our paintballs, our goggles...

Paintballs as well? thats really entering a different manufacturing process...

well find a way to find the best sourcing for it, somthing thats upp to the level of your revamped spyder line.

I am tired of typing so just one more and we are done

What was it exactly that you wanted to change with the Spyder line?

Its been such a strong product for so many years... but for the past 2 years the industry as you know had a bit of a setback and we did feel the effect. we were too comfortable. so weve decided to take the lead. weve spent the past 24 months to go from the drawing board to full production.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
RaWr

Default Re: Interview with Arthur Chang

Stats of the VS series if you didnt know yet....

The new VS series markers, built with 3G technology will include a patent pending low pressure, high performance balance valve. This technology also incorperates a lightweight striker, softer springs, and an increase in chamber capacity enhancing the low pressure functionality of the VS. The spyder VS2 with infiniti trigger and the Spyder VS3 with rocking trigger will use this 3G technology Balance valve making the marker operational at 200PSI and should maintain incredible speed and comfort. Yes, 200 PSI. But it doesnt stop there. The VS series paintball marker will include features like, Break-Beam eyes, electronic functions with dual touch switch, a mini C/A regulator with on off dial verticle adapter with low pressure guage, a 2 peice 12" micro ported barrel, low rise adjustable feedneck, and a delrin bolt with lock cocking knob. the Spyder VS2 will have a board capped at 25 BPS and the VS3 will have the rocking board capped at 30 BPS. Customizable body kits (like the Ion) will also be available. the body kit includes eye covers feedneck, LPC, rubber fore grip, and a striker plug. There will also be "Aero twist barrel tips" available to purchase for a change in looks.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
RaWr

So basically the gun has a horizontal reg, instead of vert the foregrip is just that, a gas through. So in the interview it also said that there is a whole 3G coming out, not just the VS, look for another version of kingmans popular lines that will probably include the higher volume lower pressure and balanced valve (probably one or 2 with eyes one or 2 without, same goes for the rocking trigger, and probably at least one mech)
Old 09-24-2006, 08:16 PM

Respected, period.

Sounds good, and Matt there is an edit button for a reason

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 PM
RaWr

I know but I wanted to break up the interview, the tech specs and my personal beleif.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:23 PM
If you fall down a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.

Wow, Your just making me want one more and more.

Everything you need to know
Old 09-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Indian

Yep... im going to purchase one...

LOL Edit button and a mod... i dont think that mixes LOL...

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Bling Bling Bling

woot now I am even happier I am going to win one tomorrow

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Wait till see what balanced valve means. It's a new interesting idea -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 09-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Banned

So its not ep. That kinda sucks but they are going it the right direction. Hopefully you can change the parts to spyders that are out now. I also hope that the paintballs are good and cheap. Also that they come out with better masks at a chep price too.