Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Accessories & Add-Ons
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Stock Spyder E-99 Avant

Ok i just got my Spyder E-99 Avant and i would like any suggestions on which 3 parts i should upgrade. Price range is less then 50 dollars on each parts.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:49 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Stock Spyder E-99 Avant

New Barrel somthing liek the Smart Parts Teardrop or progrossive.
HPA if you have ready access to a fill station.
A Decent hopper somthing like the Revvy or Halo TSA.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 09-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Alright thanks for your input. Anyone else willing to give me some suggestions?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
If you fall down a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.

#1 is barrel. almost always the first thing you have to upgrade is the barrel. Don't get anything longer than 14" after that it will just waste air. Otters has a great barrel chart on his website. http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrels.html

#2 If you want to combine the money for the last two you should get a good regulator. The Palmers Male Stablizer is the best reg out there for CO2 IMO.

There is my 02.

*Edit* Oh yeah, HPA is a great upgrade too.

Everything you need to know
Old 09-24-2006, 05:23 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

If you get an HPA tank a reg isn't really neccissary unless you want to go LP.

I say get an HPA tank if you play at a field most of the time, however if you can't get fills easily because you play mostly rec ball in the woods, stick with co2 and get a reg. The palmers stabilizer is definitely worth the price, I love mine.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 09-29-2006, 08:50 PM

Hey can you guys name me any good electric hoppers for 40 dollars and under?
Old 09-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

For under 40.00? Anything electric that's used. Eggys are your best bet in that area.

Here's Vike's giant list of upgrades (and in the order I would do them, depending on what you want to acheive.)

1. Barrel - All American is what I've been pushing lately. It's a large bore so you won't break paint, but still can get good accuracy. Others are 32* Night Stick, CP barrels, J&J Ceramics, etc. Do a search for barrels here and you'll find all kinds!

2. Regulator - I know some people don't think a regulator is important, especially if you get HPA, but I happen to think it's VERY important. It allows you to lower your pressure, stabilize your air flow so you get consistancy every shot, and you can tweak the performance of your gun much easier with one. A VERY important upgrade.

3. Electronic loader - You want one that can go a bit faster than you can shoot. Remember, as you get better and tweak your gun more, the faster you'll be able to shoot. Since you are short on money, I highly recommend starting with an Evulition II (Eggy), then get the Z board for it as you get better. If you had more money, I recommend the Reloader B. It's as fast as anyone ever needs to be, never jams for me, it works on "ears" instead of "eyes" and if you need to, it has an upgrade board as well.

4. HPA - High Pressure Air, Nitrogen, Compressed Air, all the same thing. You can get cheap steel tanks for as low as 30.00 and expensive Carbon Fiber tanks for as high as 300.00 +. An excellent upgrade as it comes with a regulator on it so your consistancy is better. No spikes in air pressure and no fluxuations due to temperature. It's clean and won't hurt your gun any. However, can be expensive to fill, and if you don't have a fill station around you, you have to buy one yourself along with a tank.

4.B Macroline - Once you get HPA and a regulator, I'd recommend going with a Macroline kit. You can get any color, it's cheap and it's lighter than steel braid (not that you can tell!) It's also much cooler than steel braid!

5. Feedneck and ASA - I seriously recommend a clamping feedneck. You spent all that money on a loader, so don't waste it by having it fall off your gun or not being able to get it into the neck! I recommend NDZ and Redz as they have a cam lever type feedneck. My favorite is the SP Q Lock, but I don't know if they make them for spyders. I HIGHLY recommend the NDZ brand of ASA's - easy to turn on and off, and they bleed the excess air out. Probably the lightest ASA's available, as well, and they look great!

6. Rail or direct mount - I was a HUGE supporter of drop forwards for a long time. I have short arms and was afraid I wouldn't be comfortable with a long gun. However, I got the S Rail from smart parts and I honestly could not feel the difference. Well, I felt the difference when I played - I played tighter, had better control of my shooting, and my form off the break was much better! I could run and shoot like crazy, even accurately, off the break and what's more, I noticed that my loader was actually below the top of my head whereas before, it was always above it.

7. Lightened microswitch - You can buy one, or just look for my tutorial on modifying your switch. I walk you step by step through making your switch lighter, which give you a lighter trigger and will let you shoot faster.

8. Trigger - Really just preference - I prefer either flat blade style triggers, or Scythe type triggers. You have to try them to figure out what you like best.

9. Upgrade board - I put this one down here, because unless you want to ramp or such things, you really don't need one. If you can't shoot 14 balls per second, the upgrade board isn't going to make you any faster!

10. Cosmetics - Grips, anno, stickers, whatever. Wide range of things to make your gun look like "yours." Totally up to you!

Most of all, just have fun with upgrading your gun!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:08 AM

Wow nice list! Thanks bro i'm def going to use this. not sure if i'll go exactly in that order though but i'll def try to upgrade my gun with this list.