Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: My new marker & tank (lets see what all this electro fuss is about)

You need any help with finding stuff for it, let me know. I did a bit of research a while back for mine, and know almost all there is to know about the beasts...

Enjoy your new marker!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Look's good Dave! Errr.. where's the pump arm? j/k!

I'd get a clamping feedneck sometime other than that your good to go.

Nice tank bet you got a pretty good deal on it huh?

JB.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Pump Freak!

I finally got to use my Promaster today. Took one of my buddies down to my old field in Dothan, AL.

Considering how little I paid for it, I almost expected the Promaster to give me several problems. Quite the contrary was true. All I had to do was turn it on. The reg and velocity were already set... no adjustments needed. The only issue was the loose fitting feed neck, but a little electrical tape fixed that. It was weird how smoothly the day went. No problems what so ever with any of my gear (I'm not used to that).

I'm clearly used to pump play. Wasn't expecting to run out of paint in the middle of a game. I don't own a harness or even a single pod. I sold them all off cause I never used them. I had to call out once or twice today because I ran out of paint. I'm also not used to the cost of playing semi. I usually buy a bag of 500 balls that lasts me 2 whole days. Today I bought a case and came close to using all of it. Had to switch to my Sniper (which also shot flawlessly... again, not expecting that) for the last few games just so I could finish out the day on what little paint I had left.

I'll spare the details of the day. The end result is as follows. It's nice to be able to waste some paint now and then, but its just not necessary (at least not for me). Laning off the break and shooting ropes did nothing for me. It just slowed me down and kept me camped out... hiding behind the wall of paint I was laying down. Most of the eliminations I made were done with single well-placed shots... same as when I play pump. And the cost of a case of paint was ridiculous! How do you guys do that week after week?!

Did I like it? Yes. But its not my cup of tea. I think I'll keep it as a back-up. Might break it out if I catch somebody wiping. Other than that... I'll stick to the pump guns.

The End