Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: My Borg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac
how much did it run you for lorne to do all that?
I'm sworn to secrecy! I got it early after I saw his work. To do it again would probably be near $400.00 Of course he does one off designs so.......doesn't that make it priceless? Two color near $500.00 The Borg also has fewer parts and pieces than most markers anno wise.

I do spend alot on equipment......I'd say near 10K last year.....doh
I did play SPPL this year and will again next year! Luckily I don't think I'll be needing to upgrade markers for along time! My hopper is up near $400 to keep up with it though!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24
Holy crap. All that for rec woodsball? You have alot of money to spend on a paintjob lol. Good thing its ingraved. Otherwise woodsball will scratch it off. Hot crap though.
did you forget the ?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertiger20
......I'd say near 10K last year.....
I'd like to see how you got to 10k. People who play every PSP event don't even spend that much a year.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Spyder Addict

Well pretty easily actually........three markers at roughly $1300.00 a piece roughly. Cyborg, Nasty Typhoon, FS-7 (with every Upgrade), add Tac-one, gen 3 night vision goggles, infra red laser sights, rocket launcher + anno, events at roughly $400 a piece (8 total), Vests (2@$350), clothing, Barrel kits, hoppers, chrono, scuba's. 20 lb CO2 tank, Air tanks 3@$200........other toys I've made $ unknown.

Rocky Knuth once told me it cost him $300,000 a year per tourny series for the team and at the time they were participating in 3. I think they've got me beat by alot!. Now we're on to building a tank for the team over this winter......for some reason I don't think this will be cheap either
Old 09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Rocky Knuth once told me it cost him $300,000 a year per tourny series for the team and at the time they were participating in 3. I think they've got me beat by alot!. Now we're on to building a tank for the team over this winter......for some reason I don't think this will be cheap either
Doing the math in my head I'd say $300,000 is a very high estimate for what they do now. I'd say it costs $10k a tourney and they play 10-12 major tourneys a year, maybe a few more if they do the XPSL. You also have to remember, their sponsors pay for entry, equipment, food and paint. At most they probably pay for hotel and travel, but I'm pretty sure thats taken care of atleast partially. Before they had SP as a sponsor they were an NPS sponsored team, and at the time NPS had a stranglehold on the paintball world, so they had plenty of money to throw to their pro teams, especially a team like the Dogs. I'm not trying to say you are wrong, I'm just saying he gave you one hell of an overestimate.

To what you paid and bought: And people think tourney ballers spend a lot of money...
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Spyder Addict

Ummm.....well I have no idea on them......I can say that there is a reason they went to SP and I don't think it was for the markers....LOL. I know they spend alot of time flying back and fourth and alot of time in hotel rooms. I honestly have no idea what their package entails now. This was the month before they went to SP. Oh yeah, and salaries to boot!

I can tell you I know one of their SPPL teams and they get jersey's and markers at cost which isn't that much less than they sell them. Ion's are $150 new for their teams. They did not get any entrance paid, or airfare, or paint for that matter! It would have cost us over $10K to play in the SPPL finals in OK for a $10,000 prize. We turned it down
Old 09-17-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
....Nasty Typhoon, FS-7 (with every Upgrade), add Tac-one, gen 3 night vision goggles, infra red laser sights, rocket launcher + anno......

man, nightvision and laser sights? you're just a party animal. and how does the typhoon shoot?
Old 09-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurinic
man, nightvision and laser sights? you're just a party animal. and how does the typhoon shoot?
It's heavy and bulky, but my opponents hate getting shot twice at the same time! It's a beast!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:45 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: My Borg

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
Doing the math in my head I'd say $300,000 is a very high estimate for what they do now. I'd say it costs $10k a tourney and they play 10-12 major tourneys a year, maybe a few more if they do the XPSL. You also have to remember, their sponsors pay for entry, equipment, food and paint. At most they probably pay for hotel and travel, but I'm pretty sure thats taken care of atleast partially. Before they had SP as a sponsor they were an NPS sponsored team, and at the time NPS had a stranglehold on the paintball world, so they had plenty of money to throw to their pro teams, especially a team like the Dogs. I'm not trying to say you are wrong, I'm just saying he gave you one hell of an overestimate....
What you left out was 'MISC': the loose women, parties, bar tabs and damages paid for wrecked hotel rooms. That could easily make up a large chunk of cash -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
What you left out was 'MISC': the loose women, parties, bar tabs and damages paid for wrecked hotel rooms. That could easily make up a large chunk of cash -
Thats where you gotta be smart The women only cost a few drinks, at parties you can get free beer for being a celeb, and damages...well, thats coming out of the pocket.
Buy my gear! $500!