Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM
New Guy

Default What's Wrong????

I hope someone can enlighten me. I bought the MR1 and most of my friends have tipp customs or A-5's and my MR1 doesn't come close in distance or accuracy to theirs. What am I doin wrong or what kind of upgrades should I look into? Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:22 AM
F.E.A.R.

Default Re: What's Wrong????

I personally like a bipod, apex barrel, remote line, some kind of sight (red dot, or the much more effective, more expensive holosight (for a good price go to marstar.ca)) As for your problem have you choronographed your gun? your velocity could be WAY to low. What type of paint are you using and where was it before? Remember, paint swells and dimples if its kept wrong, and accuracy depends mainly on paint to barrel match.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM
New Guy

My gun was chronoed at about 285 last time I checked it. As for paint, some brass eagle brand from Walmart. I don't know how much that is affecting my gun because we all use the same paint. I bought a new 32* 14" whisper barrel, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference either.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:39 AM
RaWr

The paint will make a difference if they all have a good paint to barrel match and you do not, you woud be shooting alot less accurate then them. 285 is good you dont want much more then that.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 AM
New Guy

What is usually a good paint to barrel match?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 AM
RaWr

if you put a ball in the end of the barrel and try to blow it through and it goes fairly easily you have a good match. if the ball sticks or just rolls through you have a bad match.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
New Guy

Cool, thanks. Any other tips or suggested upgrades?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:50 AM
RaWr

Im not into Mil-Sim so I am a bad judge of upgrades for them, but I do suggest a good quality regulator.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:00 AM
New Guy

what about those delrin low blow bolts, any good?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
RaWr

I would hold off on the bolt for now, get a good reg and such first. E frame never hurts either.