Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2006, 10:29 AM
New Guy

Default Smart parts max flo valve.

I was wondering if anybody can give me a few things about this setup.

1. how do you like it

2. can you take the reg of any current tank you have like a 68 4500 tank and use this reg instead or do you have to buy a specific tank.

3. and i know they have a 3000 psi and a 4500 psi flo valve, lets say you have it set up for a 4500 set up can you still use a 3000 tank with it since it would be a lower pressure anyway or would you have to change out some of the internals.

thanks guys
Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Smart parts max flo valve.

I have the Max Flow Micro and I love it. I would put it on every tank I ever buy. The nice thing about the Micro is that it has a built in On/Off and a macroline fitting, so you don't need a separate asa. It shortens up your tank and asa length by about 2-2.5". It also has a built in dovetail and comes with a S-Rail. There is also no need for locktite which is nice if you ever want to take you equipment on a trip with your. Airlines require the reg to be off so they can see inside the tank. I can screw the Micro on and off by hand and it doesn't leak at all. I think its a great reg.

I've also had the old style Max Flow, the manifold style, not the inline. It worked well but it was very bulky and heavy. I had mine for a month, played with it twice and got rid of it.

I'd go with the Micro, because honestly there really is no need for an adjustable reg, like the inline or the manifold. For $80 brand new for the Micro, you really can't beat it. Also if you have a 4500 tank don't get a 3000 reg, it will work but there is no point in getting that type of reg because they are the same price.

Hope I helped.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-15-2006, 05:33 AM
New Guy

Who do you have to go to to get the stock reg off of your tank so you can put it on the micro reg and are there any modifications that need to be made to the stock tank to make it accept the micro reg?
Old 09-15-2006, 06:04 AM

Respected, period.

No modifications needed. All tank regs are the same thread. If you aren't comfortable taking the reg off yourself, just take it down to your local paintball shop and they will take it off for you.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations
Old 11-10-2006, 09:11 AM
New Guy

Sorry to dig this up but Iím thinking of getting this from my local shop but I donĎt know if this would be the ideal setup for me so I need a little convincing. I want to go HPA and cost is not really an issue, but I donít want to waste money either.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...4AAAEN0dbydYS9

My concern with this setup is, 1) Storage - I guess since the tank does not unscrew like most other tanks would I just have to leave the tank attached to my marker at all times? 2) Canít use spare CO2 tank - If Iím out playing woods ball I canít use my old CO2 tank if/when I run out of HPA. I guess Iíd have to remove the macro line/max flow/HPA from the VA and install my stock braided line/ASA/CO2 if I wanted to use another tank? Are their any other PROS/CONS that arenít already listed that might sway my decision?

I guess another PRO I just thought of would be that this setup would likely be a little cheaper than if I bought a HPA tank/on-off ASA/small drop forward all separate to equal the same features. TIA!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Spyder Addict

This tank is good if you travel with your paintball equipment alot because you can uscrew the tank reg. I would say go with your second option because you switch regular tanks alot easier.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
New Guy

AFter everytime you play you could unscrew the tank from the max flo valve, that is kind of why i think they make it so easy. otherwise just unplugg your macro from the dovetail (i unhook mine after i play everytime anyway) and pop out the allen screw that holds it to your rail and slide it off. not to much of a hassle then you can store your tank like a normal tank with the reg attached and the gun seperate. But i agree if you plan on change tanks alot it may be advisable to go a different direction. the only problem with this tank is if you dont degass it after every play i really wouldnt take it off my marker just in case the air release gets opened up and you dont realize it. sorry im long winded.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:59 AM
New Guy

shunut & anemcek, what adapter plate did you guys use to attach this setup to your spyders? I only ask because I've read some reviews on adapter plates where people had many complaints about fitment issues.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
New Guy

ive never actually put it on my spyder, mostly use my quest, dm4 and dark timmy. But i made myself a custom adaptor plate for when i used to use my old spyder with on off cp's just because it was easier than paying for one and messing with it. hope that helps if not i can try again.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Respected, period.

I too have never used this on my Spyder. Only on my Spimmy (Timmy Clamshell Trigger frame) and my Ego. On my Ego the trigger frame had a built in rail and it fit on there perfectly. On my Spimmy I had no problems with anything lining up.

As for the issue of leaving in on your marker or taking it off...

I usually just totally took it off. Loosened up the rail set screw and slid it right off. If the tank is totally empty you could leave the max flo on your marker and just unscrew the tank.

The reason I liked the Micro Maxy so much was it reduced my overall gun length by about 2". I'm short so this allowed me to stick with a 68 ci tank instead of having to switch to a peanut or a 45ci. Also it has a built in on/off and macro fittings. I think they are almost perfect, my only complaint was it didn't purge the leftover air from your marker when you turn it off.

KUSA Feedback

Shunut Creations