Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Moving Target Practice

Angry Bizarre MR1 Problem

*Sigh* I know i'm going to get flamed so bad for this however....

Had my MR1 for about 2 months now. No problems until last weekend.

Started playing on our usual field and after 5 or six shots, blow a ball in the chamber. Strip it & clean it after getting tagged out. Next game, same thing. Lather rinse repeat. And like a blond washing her hair, it just kept on blowing balls in the chamber.

After 3 games I had had enough and called it quits. Get home start reading the forums, notice that a double feed seems to be the primary culprit. Tear apart the feed neck and notice that the detent is more or less gone.

No real problem there. Only have one week left so turn the stop around to it will at least act like a detent for the last week before I start looking for replacements. Right now its a temporary fix which is all I need as I'm starting a new job in the coming weeks so money'll be tight for a bit.

So as I start to reassemble the feedneck, I install the two screws on the top of the neck but the bottom screw just drops into the hole and doesn't appear to be catching when I attempt to tighten it. This is not good. I've managed to come up with a quick fix by removing the lock washer from the screw. And it seems to catch the thread with out going too deep and entering into the chamber. However, it'll probably only hold until I have to replace the detent next season.

So, has anyone else experienced any problems with stripping/crossthreading the holes? And anyone have recommendations for re-threading the holes? Unfortunately my warranty card wasn't filled out in time and so warranty replacement may be out of the question.

And secondly, more directly to any canadians, are there any decent places to order replacement detents from that can be found north of the border (preferably TO area)? And what would be a good replacement outside of the spyder detent to use?

Sorry for the novel but I'm tired and I really frustrated with the whole situation and this is helping.... somewhat.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Old Guy

Default Re: Bizarre MR1 Problem

I had problems with detents. Mine were the original yellow ones. My retailer gave me replacements which were clear, these worked for a while but eventually wear sheared off.

The best bet is to contact Kingman directly. I did and they sent me two new black detents which haven't been a problem yet. They were quick as well, recieved them within a couple of days of talking to them.

Hope this helps.

Pat
Old 08-31-2006, 05:35 AM

Respected, period.

I'm guessing that by turning the detent around you changed the spacing between the body and the feedneck, this is why you can't get it started without taking the lock washer off. I'm sure that since the screw hole goes into the breech Kingman made it as small as possible to avoid ruining any of the internal moving parts. I'm sure that if you get a new detent and place it in there the correct way you will have no problem. After looking at the schematics of the MR1 I'm not quite sure how you "turned it around". You might want to call Kingman and tell them your detent broke, maybe they'll send you a new one.

I'd also like to take the time to welcome you to the forum. From your statements above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCeccato
*Sigh* I know i'm going to get flamed so bad for this however....
I judge that you are not new to paintball forums. Well we are a forum like no other. We like to help people with out the harshness of flaming. So ask all the questions you want with no worries, even if its a question about a different gun, somebody here will have an answer for you.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
New Guy

i just sheared my detent AND my screws (in the feedneck) are impossible to remove. something went horribly wrong and i know cant unscrew them with all my might. well i managed one but it cracked the washer....that was a good day seeing that the detent and everything happened all at once.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 PM
MR1, Smart Parts 16' Progressive barrel, Viewloader Revolution

about ur detents, the mr1 comes with a replacement one in the little plastic baggy
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 AM
New Guy

hey im in the niagara region and just picked up a MR1 if you're looking for good canadian retailers for parts and equipment i'd say badlands in etobicoke www.badlandspaintball.com or the dealer i use in burlington ontario www.paintballadventures.ca the both carry almost everthing availiable for the kingman line of guns hope this helps
Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost222
hey im in the niagara region and just picked up a MR1 if you're looking for good canadian retailers for parts and equipment i'd say badlands in etobicoke www.badlandspaintball.com or the dealer i use in burlington ontario www.paintballadventures.ca the both carry almost everthing availiable for the kingman line of guns hope this helps

If you're in the Niagara Region, try Aussie Paint Ball on Webber Road in Pelham, not nearly as far to drive (:
Old 10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
RogueHellcat

When my detent broke off, I went to the local paintball shop, and found a replacement quite easily; however I had problems with the screws in the feedneck. One of my screws stripped, and I couldn't get it to stay in; so my hopper would bounce around while playing. I ended up using some "JB weld" to get the screw to stay. My only concern now is that if I ever have to take the feedneck off, I'm going to have problems. So carefull with those screws, cause they can strip quite easily
Old 12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Woodsball Military Simulation

Hmm I've heard of this problem before a couple times..........I guess I'll get 1 or 2 extra detents with it.