Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Pump Freak!

Default My Victor

I just noticed how dead the new Victor section was since the forum changed over. Just thought I'd try to jumpstart a little conversation by talking about my old girl.

This was my first marker. Bought it with a Christmas present gift certificate to ****'s Sporting Goods, having only played once and knowing NOTHING about the game other than I liked it and wanted to play more. We have a history... this gun and I. Read on for more info.

I did what any first-timer does when he buys his first marker. I upgraded. My first few purchases were slightly uninformed, and turned out to be pretty bad decisions. I listened to the money-hungry broken english of the foreign guy that owned the local shop. Paid WAY TOO MUCH for parts that did very little (if anything) to improve the performance of the marker. Here it is shortly before I sold it... sporting a 14" Empire Twister rifled barrel, a bargain basement VA/LPC, and a Kingman expansion chamber kit with bottom line adapter.

I took this marker to a certain point and realized I had gone about things all wrong, so I sold this to pay off most of my credit card bill after purchasing another marker (a Spyder Shutter Java Edition). I tinkered with the Shutter for a while and then realized that it was a decent marker but it just wasnt the same. I wanted my old girl back. But she was long gone... the victim of my growing ebay selling addiction. Luckily, I can use my eBay powers for good as well as evil. I was able to purchase another bone stock blue Victor 1 (same as the one pictured above) and start all over again. It was like I had become reacquainted with a long lost friend, but this time we were going to be inseperable!

Here's one of the most recent pictures of my Victor. It shows most of the changes I made. Regulated, polished and modified internals, electronic trigger fream with CIP sweetspot trigger, drop/on/off, 15* assault block, and locking metal feedneck. Since this picture was taken, I have replaced the WGP reg with a BL Torpedo, replaced the modified Shutter bolt with a Spudnkl, and swapped the stock shutter barrel for a full Freak.

I play pump/stock ball 99.9% of the time now days, but I still love my old Victor. I will not make the same mistake twice. Even long after I've quit the sport (for whatever reason) this little baby will always have a place in my closet... and my heart.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

Default Re: My Victor

dude thats a really clean looking gun. good job on putting everything together. thats the nicest vitor ive ever seen. lol u had a spudnukl thos things hauled a$$

that story was very touching lol.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 AM
One Who Wishes He Could Play PB more

hey what kinda feedneck(hopper to gun connector??) is that on the last pic cuz i bought a plastic one, like u have on the first pic, about a year ago that cracked from me tightenin to much....i wanna get one that is more durable...and i learned my lesson
Old 01-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Banned

looks like a evil smoke stack.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:03 PM
A Jarhead

nice....i was either planning on upgrading my victor 2 or buying an mr1 since...i really cant decide...lol
Old 01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Resident *******

Your gun may be kool looking, but it doesn't beat my brother's RAINBOW GUN!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
Your gun may be kool looking, but it doesn't beat my brother's RAINBOW GUN!]
HAha yes rainbow gun saweet....
Nice job only needs macroline other then that looks cool

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

since we're posting vics here the let me contribute my own addition to the Victor legacy....although i don't have her anymore, i'm just so happy i found old pics of her.

this was her before i parted her out when i went on a hiatus.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

hey. u wanna tell me why u got rid of that??!!!

and how much did u get for it???
Old 01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
RaWr

Woot I <3 Dex. Thanks for that body bro I have taken good care of her and am sending it to get polished and annoed a high gloss gold. will post more pics as soon as i get it done.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."