FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Lucky Stage 4 Board
Would recommend 5 100.00%
Is an alright accessory 0 0%
I would pass on this item 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Lucky Stage 4 Ion Board review...

Ok I got the new Lucky board in today and it is amazing. I am going to post this quick review and as soon as I get some free time I will post a new video showing the board off.

The box the board came in was nothing fancy, no metal tins. At first I was slightly confused. It came with the board and battery harness in one bag, the Mac noid and connector in another bag, the hoses and the new Lucky Green rear banjo in yet another.

They do not have the noid attached to the board, at first I was upset, but later realized how awesome it was. The about 6" connector on the noid allows you to take the frame and body apart with out taking the whole board out. Nice feature. Since all the hoses are attached to the noid it is not a big deal.

As for hoses, they are connected to the noid using metal barbs, a HUGE plus. There is a new hose that is needed to connect the noid to the new rear banjo. It looks like a small QEV combined with the banjo. I am speculating that the noid sends air out through that banjo, as there are no other holes in the noid.

The board has a stock plug for the membrane pad if you wish to add one.

Here are the pics of the assembly, the middle banjo is not there because I use a QEV. The front banjo and eye wire were not provided.

The board has four dip switches on it. One is for the tourney lock, a second one is for the eyes off ROF (set to 8bs, but this can be changed if you turn off the dip switch, and the 3rd is for anti-first shot drop off, if you want to use the feature you put the switch on. The 4th is not used, I am guessing for future programing. The switches are not used to program the board, that is all done via the trigger.

The LED on the board is insanely bright and very easy to see outside. When the gun is powered on, Instant on by the way, the eyes are set to on and the LED is BRIGHT Green. If there is no ball in the breech then the LED goes red. If there is an issue detected with the eyes, the LED goes yellow and the ROF is dropped to what ever you set it. I love that feature, you truly should never chop a ball with this board. You can manually turn off the eyes as well and the LED is blue for that.

The board has more modes than any paint baller would ever need. I am not going to bore you with all the modes, it does all the biggies Semi, Ramp, Full Auto, it also has a few nice ones. Training mode, similar to that found on Egos, so you can practice walking, and a Demo mode for firing the gun indoors with out paint. It is very easy to set the board from the trigger. One of the other very nice things the board has is Quickstart modes. There are seven total and they correspond to most of the tourney standards. With only a few trigger pulls you can set your gun to for ex. PSP Ramp (capped at 15 bps) or CFOA Semi (capped at 15 bps).

I took the gun to the shop and did a very quick test to make sure everything worked. Aired it up with no leaks (always a plus) Fired a few quick dry fires and loaded up the hopper. Because of time I only tested the gun on full auto. WOW it rips. The gun had all the stock settings, except, put it on uncapped and I had to raise the dwell to 16 (from 12). The board has a nice feature called test shots, it lets you shoot 3 (or how ever many you set) shots in semi before the mode you select kicks in. It also has forced shot so you can force the gun to shoot even it does not see a ball in the breach.

So with all that I am VERY happy with the board. As I go through and dial it in I can only expect better results.

Look for a video coming soon and if you have any questions about the board let me know.

TL : DR

THE BOARD IS AWESOME!!!

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:24 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Lucky Stage 4 Ion Board review...

Sweet, I'm glad you are happy with your choice. Get that video up soon.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 08-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Banned

good newds. im guessing the green fitting didnt come in other colors :/

edit: there HAS to be another hole, the lucky tech said it was a TRUE 3way noid.

whats that one on the side, below the fitting on the right? the 33series (used noid) has the option of output on the side, and output2 is the exaust in this case.

Last edited by claustrophobia9 : 08-19-2006 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I got mine yesterday...it has the SP noid -.- and I need air -.- ....it's identical to Hackers except for the noid
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

i have a question... why is the battery wire as long as it is? and i verified it on macvalves.com that the exaust can be placed where that silvery hole is in the profile picture, so i think thats where it vents.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:14 PM

battery wires are longer to help prevent some of the - "wire's too short, yanked too hard/fast and ripped wires off board" - type of problems.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

doug could put a 9 volt in his pack and the wire would reach
Old 08-19-2006, 06:48 PM

lol...doug as in bomberpilot? He could have 90 yards of wire and STILL rip it off the board pulling the battery...and NOT get it soldered on right...lmao!!

really, I have mine sitting right here and it's not all that long...I'll host a pic. Hang on, I'l edit...

EDIT!!

Last edited by druid : 08-19-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

im saying hes just small enough to wrap the battery wire down his arm and loop it into his harness so he can keep the battery there, you know how heavy those 9vs are for him.

edit: and no optical switch
Old 08-20-2006, 12:20 AM

lmao.....yeah.

well, I installed mine tonight -.-

After opening the plastic bag I immediately noticed that there were no barbs on the noid head -.- and had to transfer them from the TBoard's noid to the Spitfire's. I was not happy about that...my fat fingers+4mm tubing=*****y me

But...while installing it into the frame I noticed that the Spitfire slides in much easier than the TBoard ever did (and still does). The TBoard is very tight fitting...so much so, I worry about snapping the board when putting it back in. That's not the case with the Spitfire.

I'm going to try and get Air today, if not...Tuesday. My Ion has NEVER tasted CO2 and I'm not feeding it to it now.

The instruction sheet that comes with it is an 8.5" x 11" paper, tri-folded and printed on both sides. It's a lot easier to read and understand than the TBoard's manual is (not that I had a problem but a lot of people *****ed about the T's manual...). I'm dying to try it...