Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006, 11:33 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default UPDATE: on the Spydar and the Autocockar - 56K I have some bleach if you want it.

So here we have an update on my spyder. Design was stolen from 10 Year Old Doug, aka BomberPilot.

It's still in the works, but here it is so far. Once I'm finished, I may or may not build another, a cleaner one, and write up a walk through on how to do it. It's not that difficult. But this is sort of the garbage-make-do-with-what-I-have Spyder.

Stupid 10 image limit.. TBC.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:35 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: UPDATE: on the Spydar and the Autocockar - 56K I have some bleach if you want it.

Here are the springs. Top one was the one I was going to originally use, which is a stock Autococker Spring (I think...) Middle one is the one in use right now, which is a cut stock spyder spring, which you can compare with the standard length spyder spring on the bottom.

As you can see here, my original hole, which I wasn't paying attention when I drilled, was perfect. But the second hole, again, not paying attention, wasn't quite so good.. I forgot to level out the bolt when I put it in the vice..

All the spyder junk I have laying around.

The autococker:

And a Short video of how the Spyder functions. The bolt flipping over is something I have to fix, but I know how to.

I'm open to any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Oh, and Paul, yes. That is your triggar frame.

EDIT:

And no, I don't have any vids of it shooting yet as it is still being worked on, not to mention the fact that it only has two o-rings on the whole thing. So if anyone wants to donate 12 that'd be great. LOL.

EDIT2:

Here's the super crappy video of the autococker shooting. You can't see it, as I was just shooting, but oh well. It's laggy too, or maybe that's my internet..

Last edited by leed : 07-27-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Intermediate Player

Default Re: UPDATE: on the Spydar and the Autocockar - 56K I have some bleach if you want it.

That's pretty sweet man. A bolt action paintball gun. And I like the cocker! It's nice.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Indian

Heh Leed the cocka masta....

Nice project... if you wanted to stop the flipping all you would have to do is not chop so much off of the body... and leave alittle slit so the bolt slides back in place easily....

If you need another body i can donate that and acouple of oring if you pay teh shipping LOL....

Either way nice job man. And Nice Halo Cocker LOL....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Chubbs, yeah, I know. But the body was already hacked when I started, as it was supposed to start as a Half Backed spyder, but I dropped that becuase it looked like crap, lol.

FYI: I did the body stuff with a dremel and a hack saw a loooong time ago, so I wasn't sure about EXACTLY what I wanted. The bolt I did with a band saw and drill press. I need to find some sand paper that doesn't clog up from the aluminium to sand it down and then polish it out.

As of right now, the little nut that was around the big striker pin snapped in half, as I was cutting it close (literally) and so it just kinda popped. I ripped that whole setup off and replaced it with the strip pin you see in one of the pictures, as well as a paperclip to keep it inside the striker. The pressure from the spring keeps it from popping out or jumping around. Just as well, having the smaller top head of the pin aided in fixing the flipping problem. So no more flipping.

Anyhow, I hope I can stop by the uber-over-priced ****s Sporting Goods to pick up some o-rings, but if not, I'll have to wait till later.

So, I need some opinions, should I use 12 gram and stock class for it? Or put an actual stock on it, and remote hose, etc etc. Just for kicks. I think I may use 12 gram and stock feed for it, as it would be cheapest.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Marine Corps.

try www.mcmaster.com with their #15 buna-n o-rings that come in packs of 100 for maybe ... 3 dollars and 2 dollar shipping ?? Beats the price of the stupid sporting goods polyurethane bottle o-rings in packs of 10 that look like their pre-used .....

Just keep it 12g stock class IMO

Looks nice ... you just needa try to fix that problem .... air it up and show us another vid
Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

So there's the back yard... Where's the Zen Garden?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
*713*

freakishly accurate cocker.. love them as mechs but they arent fast enough for me
Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Pfffft McMaster-Carr requires Credit Cards. That sucks. Time to go hunt for more that accept paypal..

And DoogDan, No, I don't have a Zen Garden, but I can make one. I'll do it tommorow.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Resident *******

I love your 'Cocker minus the body. I'll take that frame any time you end up not liking it... you know my addy already.

Interesting bolt action, but might I sugest a little more careful and accurate modding next time? It looks like you took a hammer and knocked a hole in the side of the body, lol!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to