Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2006, 12:23 PM
8+2=Soffish

Default Upgrading and complatibility. Please help me out here!

Ok today I just picked up a 14" Smart Parts Progressive barrel for my Spyder Sonix Pro and it's a dream. I then got to thinking about my hopper and CO2 tqank and expansion chamber and I have decided to upgrade to a regulator, a drop forward, and a VL Revolution with and X-board, and a Smart Parts 20 oz. CO2 tank with a on/off valve. Ok my first questions are about the regulator. Is there a regulator available for my gun and if so what adapters, fittings, hoses, and other parts will I need to buy for it if necessecary. I would also like to know what is a good regulator for this gun, and which one will work with a drop forward. Next question is about the drop forward. I know that the tank will fit on it but will a drop forward work with a regulator and if needed what special hoses would I have to get for it. Last is the VL Revolution. Will I need a new feedneck or any other parts for it besides batteries?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Upgrading and complatibility. Please help me out here!

You should go to www.actionvillage.com , look for what you want and then make sure it's worth it at www.pbreview.com . You don't need any special hoses for a regulator.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Resident *******

Ah, Abe... that would be mistaken. You DO need another fitting for the aftermarket regulators (unless you get a Dragun) and don't have an aftermarket ASA because of the differences between 1/8" NPT and metric.

I believe it is a standard 3/8" screw in gas-thru currently on the marker, right (it's the same threads as what you screw the tank into)? If so, any CO2 friendly regulator will work.

Any regulator will work with any aftermarket drop-forward. I personally don't sugest them for tournament grade use as it throws off form, but in rec ball it isn't as critical. Any with the odd, diagonal screw pattern that Spyders incorporate will work. I'd also sugest at this time switching over to macroline, so depending on the type of drop forward and regulator you get you'd need either a 90* or straight fitting for each as well as a foot of macro. www.macrolineguy.com is where I go for mine; best stuff for sale I've ever found and at a really good price for the quality.

VL Revlutions are good starting electronic hoppers. I'd sugest picking up a new feedneck for the marker that's a cam lock so you don't have to worry about the plastic one that came with the marker breaking (happens all the time to me).

I have a couple links for you to look at as well: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8371 and www.ottersccustoms.com. Both have excellent information about this subject as well.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-13-2007, 08:13 AM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

I would recommend a Anti Siphoned tank if your gonna go with CO2. Also for the regulator you could go for the Palmers Stabilizer. If your using CO2, this is the best reg you can buy. And for the feedneck, yes you should go pick up an aftermarket one.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:13 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

If you plan to run co2, the two best regs in order are the Palmer's Stabilizer and the Bob Long Torpedo. I personally would suggest he Stabilizer because its one of the best regulators on the market, I have one and its simply amazingly awesome. www.sakworldpaintball.com has the cheapest stab prices I know of. As to a drop forward, I personally am not a fan, a mini drop is ok, but I like the long gun feeling of using the co2 tank a stock. Back when I first got my imagine I wanted to upgrade things, so I was planning on getting a drop, then I tried one and didn't like it at all, so I would suggest you try a gun with one before you buy one.

For the revvy you don't need a new feedneck, but having a decent one to replace the plastic one that comes with the gun is a good idea. The standard 200 round hoppers are lighter than electric hoppers so you're more likely to break the plastic feedneck with the revvy. NDZ and CCM make great feednecks fro spyder. I can personally attest to having use both. I would make sure to get one with a leverlock if you do get one, that way its much easier to take off the hopper.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 02-18-2007, 06:34 PM
8+2=Soffish

Haven't been here for a while. I'm 413sonix on PBR Abe. Learned a lot there. Guess you can close this now.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 AM
300 fps

e-paintball.comhas the palmers cheap too. Although they show the chrome one for more, click on it and change it to black, on the order form the price will change to $84. They also had fast shipping and gave you a free barrel condom
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 AM
8+2=Soffish

I would get a Palmers, but I would need a new front block too. Actually, I wouldn't get a Palmers. I'm just gonna pinch my pennies, save up for a nice Crossfire 45ci/4,500psi HP output tank, get a CIP Assault Block and some Eclipse gauges, a Rocket valve, and a AKA 2-liter. Bolt and striker will come later, and I already have a spring kit. Unless if I get rid of my Spyder. I'd like to trade it and my VLocity Jr. for a Autococker and a HPA tank. Dobut anyone will do that though.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Rocking the spyder sonix

if i were u i would get a viewloader evlution

this is the hopper with the feedneck in front and look like an egg and people call it an eggy
eggy 2
polished internals
acs bolt
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
one ball at a time

well this isn't so much about upgrades but more along the lines of the materials the sonix is made of
I'm gonna buy one but I'm a bit confused so correct me if I'm wrong the is the whole thing made of a plastic composite or just the trigger frame
doesn't exactly fit into the main theme but couldn't find a sonix forum