Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 10:34 AM

Judge and Jury

Default Ethiopia Invades Somalia?

Anyone else find this news interesting? http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa....ap/index.html

Intelligent discussion, please
Old 07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned

Default Re: Ethiopia Invades Somalia?

eh. so alot of things are escalading, i still call shens on ww3.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
===,,,> Go Noles!

well, what would make it ww3 claus?

when was ww2 officially dubbed that title?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewTheTheif
well, what would make it ww3 claus?

when was ww2 officially dubbed that title?

people havent taken sides yet.

with ww2 there were two teams where 1 was against the other and the teams were made up of lots of countries. this is multiple single country advancements at once where some people are behind them, not fighting but telling them to stop.

nk-vs-uh...earth
leb-vs-isr
usa-vs-iraq/afghan
somolia-vs-ethiopia

the conflicts are all occuring simulaneously but none are REALLY conflicting with eachother at this time to cause excessive fueds.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
wat

Claus sometimes I'm at a loss for words at how you think lol. "Teams" in real life war fare..I think you've been playing too much Live..

I want to know how in the world Ethiopia can afford to even invade someone lol.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Ethiopia Invades Somalia?

Ethiopia & Somalia are prolly like throwing rocks and **** at each other -

NK is just a little midget trying to get some attention because he has small babalones, we still know he has small babalones -

US and Afghanistan was over in the blink of an eye. -

Iraq was business that should have been taken care of last time we were full force in the mideast. Since we were there again full force why not put Adolph Hussein where he should have been for the past 16 years?

Which leaves Lebanon and Isreal. Like they have never been at war before. Isreal prolly needed to get rid of some of their old technologically antiqued war chest. Why not throw it at a country that has been a continual pain in their butts for years? Now they have a reason to spend more $$$$ on new schtuff -

Worried about WW3? USA.....China......Russia <-------any of those go head to head and you may have your dubbya dubbya tri. Until then all of the others just make small ripples soon to be stabilized and forgotten -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

niether china nor russia want a piece of the US and vice versa, our economies are too dependant on eachother (china and us) and russia is sorta, empty.

somalia and ethiopia arent throwing rocks... maybe rocks in halo terms. because in africa guns take priority over food.

and durrell, the last time i played live was like a month or two ago. the sad fact is that it is how the ww's start. axis vs allies, allied vs central. its the conflicting terms of governmental standpoints that cause a world war because of a breaking into teams. with more and more governments in a democratic or nuetral to the government of others non democratic (china) there are less divisions meaning less the likelyhood of governmental hate to extend from individual battles simmilar to what is occuring now.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
RaWr

Now I can see this going down...

NK Pisses off China enough for them to take their funding for their weapons away. Midget boy is angry about this so he throws a "rock" at Japan this in turn makes us join in since we HAVE to protect Japan, but wait, someone who is pissed off at us enough to wage war just like NK? hmm so lets say that Iran jumps in on NKs side, China is scared of us as we are them, they join up with us... not only are you looking at nuclear war you are looking at world war my friends.

chances of all of this happening all together... .01% but that is how world wars start, one thing leads to another, some treaties are signed protectorants are pulled into it, it gets crazy.

what this has to do with african war? no idea, I dont think they would get involved in somthing to the scale of world war.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
wat

It's only going to take one thing to set it all off, the stage is set, the timer is ticking, it's a matter of how long it will last..
Old 07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
===,,,> Go Noles!

claus, no offence to you at all, but i dont see how you can say that a world war is only between two major allainces, why can it not be between a whole group of people going against eachother in an "each nation for itself" scenario.

ok, maybe the definition of a "world war" is major countries envolved in war, but really, are you going to point out lines between a world war and a worldwide war?

pretty soon i think USA is going to back japan and isreal,with china helping out against NK, iran, and lebanon. Meanwhile the african continent is rocked by civil wars untill a strong leader comes in and unites some of the smaller countries and bam, we have an african hitler

Last edited by MatthewTheTheif : 07-20-2006 at 07:39 PM.