Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2006, 08:48 PM

Default New Internals, Freezing. Easy Fix??

Hey guys, so here we go, I have an esprit and it was having a hug gas leak prior to this but it seems to be fixed because...

I purchase these items from a boxing day sale and through stuff I had previously ordered that came in.

. new stock valve (piranha)<-- dood at badlands said it would be just fine using that one
.new acs bolt that has been shot so far, maybe 100 times.
.tank has just been filled today
.new cup seal and pin
.new spring set

So my problem is, the first say 25 shots I fired (not fast, just single shot spaced out) it began to snow after a while, and a ball chopped just inside, there were no chips in the barrel or marker so i figure it was a bad ball.

Anyway, im posting late as I cant fire anymore cuz its late and everyones sleeping.

Should I fire more and more shots to sort of work all the internals in or is it because the co2 tank was just filled, maybe i was getting liquid it being full. Oh by the way im using an expansion chamber, so far only tried with weak valve spring, medium main.

Im probably thinking its a cold weather, new tank fill problem if im guessing right? - like i said i didnt rip on it, i just fired slow shots. thanks

I just realized that uhm..the acs bolt...well the back of it is hitting the uhm striker plug..and it actually dented it a bit..wtf. (the plug is.)

Last edited by h3ctor : 01-04-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: New Internals, Freezing. Easy Fix??

well.. if it's new .. you could wear in your ACS bolt a bit .. but if it was your internals freezing .. that's typical with co2 .. you needa get an anti-siphon tube .. and then install it or just get an HPA tank ... and then after that problem should be done ...
Old 01-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: New Internals, Freezing. Easy Fix??

Snow coming from the barrel is normal with antisyphoned Co2. Get your tank anti syphoned, then a regulator that can handle Co2. Orrrr, get one of those remote coils, which acts as a very long expansion chamber and allows the liquid to turn to gas. Of course, if you have the ability and means to get HPA and have them refilled regularly, that's the best way to go.

You have to break your ACS in before you really use it. Stick a swab down the feedneck and fire several hundred times to loosen the spring. As far as the denting goes, don't know off the top of my head - too early to think about it.

It sounds like that shot that broke was just a barrel break. Might be due to cold weather, bad paint, brittle paint or mismatched barrel-to-ball match. I don't think it had anything to do with the Co2 issue or the ACS since you said it didn't look like a chop.