Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2006, 05:40 AM
New Guy

Exclamation High Velocity Problem

Hey guys,

I have only played paintball a few times but i really like it. But, yeasterday i was playing and it was the first time i really hit someone (not in the mask). It was from about 25ft away, but it left a giant welt and it was bleeding. So, my friend told me to turn the velocity down, so i tryed and it was as low as it goes, so i took the thumb skrew completly out. My friends said that, that was better but still it was high. Does any one know how to turn the velocity down lower?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: High Velocity Problem

Welcome! Glad to see ya!

Well, first of all, some people welt a lot more than others. It could be that you aren't shooting that fast, but it definitely sounds like you're shooting "hot". Get to a chronograph and see what your speed is. That is a NECESSITY before playing any paintball at all! Safety first.

If it's still too high (over 300 fps) you can do two things. You can get a spring kit that has different strength springs in it. Use a lighter spring. OR, and I don't recommend this because once you do it, it's done. You can clip a couple of loops off the spring you have and then stretch it back out to it's original length.

I'm assuming you were playing with Co2? Since it's been so hot out lately, Co2 is notorious for jumping around - meaning you'll have some shots that aren't hot and some that are VERY hot. If you have the means, HPA (high pressure air - also known as CA or Nitro) is the way to go to stop that from happening.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:59 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: High Velocity Problem

First of all Welcome to the forum and to paintball. Never be afraid to ask a question, we all started out somewhere and are all willing to help, thats why we're here.

The only other ways I can think of are:

1. If you have a Regulator turn you regulator pressure down. If not you could buy a regulator.

2. You could get a spring kit (which would be way cheaper than a regulator) and try a lighter spring combo.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations