Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Definition of a troll

HAH ... it's more of him just fighting till the end

... eh in reality of the predator version ... druid's not really a "Angry Forumites" or a "Troll Basher" ... he's sort of .. in between .... leaning over to the "Troll Basher" side IMO ...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

I"m A Bruce!!!!!

Super Duper Feedback
Old 07-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Used to be cool

Quote:
The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:
Sounds like the Great Tippmann Flaming wars.

Quote:
The Old Warrior. The Old Warrior has been there and done that. He has little time to spare for those who have not been there and done that. The Old Warrior has been there and done that to such an extent, in fact, that he is always right. Anyone who disagrees with him, therefore, is wrong by definition and should shut the hell up. Old Warriors place a very high premium on one's credentials relevant to the subject matter discussed failing to understand the logical fallacy of appeals to authority.
Hmmm...who does that sound like??

VA Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
i like your teachings victa
sp1365: Ive never been shot in the knob
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

lmao!!!...I've consolidated my descriptions....of the following definitions; Ahem...

Druid the Bruce, Honorable Nitwit and Leader of the Forum Cultists known as the SOC Troll Bashers

The Bruce. Inspired by the dictionary definition of the term and by the movie They Call Me Bruce? Bruces may correspond to any number of troll profiles but are characterized by a single, external characteristic: They are invulnerable. In the world of Internet fora, this means they cannot be banned from a site. No amount of complaining on the part of a forum's membership can convince the administrator to ban a Bruce, no matter how disruptive or useless such a troll's participation becomes. Bruces possess some innate ability to remain active despite exhibiting behavior that would draw warnings and discipline if displayed by other, more productive members of a bulletin board. A curious and perhaps hypnotic species, Bruces are often hybrids descended from Sophists, Affected Profundity Trolls, and Don Kings.

The Honorable Nitwit. Honorable Nitwits absolutely love to speak about honor. This breed invokes the concepts of honor, integrity, humility, and other traits straight from the Boy Scout Oath more often than a Klingon warrior on anti-depressants. Honorable nitwits are convinced that everyone around them suffers from a lack of honor an idea they thoroughly fail to understand in attempting to use its lack to smear others.

The Forum Cultist. Forum cultists are extremely proud of the incredible Internet communities to which they belong. They pride themselves on the exclusivity of those communities and actually believe that "it can't happen to them" "it," of course, being their own banishment. Forum cultists place a very high premium on groupthink and generally react to differing opinions with outrage, banning all who dare to speak them.

Troll Bashers. The worst enemy of trolls, Troll Bashers appear to possess an almost pathological hatred for trolls. Fully aware of the tools and tactics of trolling, Troll Bashers expose trolls whenever they see them. Often the first to identify Contrarians, and unforgiving in the pursuit of Deceptives, Troll Bashers are experienced and venomous. Often accused of being trolls themselves, Troll Bashers understand the difference between the initiation of trolling and the retaliation against it and believe any amount of retaliatory abuse is justified when a troll rears its ugly head.

Tell me that I don't have a sense of humor
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I am the angy anus troll that runs around shaking his booty at people!

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

That is a lot of trolls. I am really a spyder hater and soon I will prove you all wrong and control the world!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

sorry guys....my brother took over my account.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM

Judge and Jury

ElNino is spot on for the Holy Misroller. We still have a couple years free of him, right

It's good to be a mod, cause I can be all OW on this stuff and say I've been there and banned at least one of each. Plus I can say I've had threads where I was righter because I had a title lol