Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Trading Post > Store Links and Info
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
New Guy

Default Please Read...especially Minnesotans!!

These questions go out to all paintball players, but especially those in and around Minnesota. I am currently trying to put together a business proposal so that I may open a paintball facility in northern Minnesota. The facility will hopefully include a store featuring the newest and finest equipment, a pro shop, shooting range, and at least one tournament style speedball field. If you could all please answer the following questions and add any comments or questions you may have I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
1. Where are you located (city, state)?
2. How far do you travel to play?
3. What type of paintball do you play (speedball, woodsball, scenario, etc)?
4. What equipment do you use or would you like to use?
5. How often do you play?
6. What do you like about your local paintball dealer / playing field?
7. What things would you like to see in a paintball facility?
8. How much do you spend a month on paintball gear, paint, etc?
9. If given the opportunity, would you be interested in entering local / amateur tournaments?
10. Before purchasing your equipment, did you ever rent?
11. How many people are in your average paintball groups?

Please answer these questions and, if you can, have your fellow paintballers answer them as well. Thank you again for your time.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:51 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Please Read...especially Minnesotans!!

Please, if you took the time to read this, answer the questions. I am trying to get some info together to bring to the bank so I can get a business loan to open a facility. It would help me a lot.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Resident *******

1. San Jose, California

2. 30 minutes road time, tops. Anything beyond that isn't worth my effort to drive to.

3. I play all kinds, depending on what's cheaper and more readily available.

4. I use a 2k2 Black Magic Autococker as well as an ICD ProMaster. As far as what I'd like to use, a 2006 MacDev Cyborg (or 2k7 when it comes out).

5. I play as often as I have the money to, most oftenly that's about once or twice a month.

6. They're open and fun to talk with, as well as very knowledable. They love the sport, simply put.

7. I'd like to see an X-Ball field as well as a castle/bunkerball field to allow for both types of play. Also, all day air for both CO2 and HPA to 4,500psi is a must. One local speedball field here doesn't fill CO2, so I don't go there often. Lots of other locals don't for the same reason. Um, tech center and parts are also very nice. Especially if you're a newer player and need some help. Not saying I'm newer, but when I was in that state, it was nice to be able to get help there with my gun. Cheaper paint is bomb. Nothing more than $45 is very nice. A local field sells Hemorrhages and GAP for $45/case, and it's not bad at all.

8. Don't really want to add it up LOL. Somewhere about $50-80...on equipment alone. All the upgrades and stuff. Total, I have no idea.

9. Yes, but first I'd need a team and a sponser.

10. Heck no. I borrowed a marker from a friend after seeing how shoddy the rentals were. Half of them were missing major parts, and I was and still am shocked that they work.

11. Anywhere between 4 and 30 people. It depends on the season and the finances of the group.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to

Last edited by bigred76 : 06-06-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbullfan76
These questions go out to all paintball players, but especially those in and around Minnesota. I am currently trying to put together a business proposal so that I may open a paintball facility in northern Minnesota. The facility will hopefully include a store featuring the newest and finest equipment, a pro shop, shooting range, and at least one tournament style speedball field. If you could all please answer the following questions and add any comments or questions you may have I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
1. Where are you located (city, state)? PA
2. How far do you travel to play? Up to 50 miles
3. What type of paintball do you play (speedball, woodsball, scenario, etc)? Any/all
4. What equipment do you use or would you like to use? Markers...spyder electro's, Tippmann 98's/A5's, Traccer, Ion, Amgel
5. How often do you play? At least 4 weekend days a month, sometimes more
6. What do you like about your local paintball dealer / playing field? scenarios, fields, set ups, knowledge in all areas
7. What things would you like to see in a paintball facility? on-site tech services, cheap rentals, parts/suplies, non-gouging paint prices, fill HPA to 5000psi
8. How much do you spend a month on paintball gear, paint, etc? depends but on average...10 cases of paint plus necessities
9. If given the opportunity, would you be interested in entering local / amateur tournaments? Yep
10. Before purchasing your equipment, did you ever rent? sometimes
11. How many people are in your average paintball groups? from 5 to 40 depending on days/vacation time

Please answer these questions and, if you can, have your fellow paintballers answer them as well. Thank you again for your time.
I think that's it...I like Dye pants/jerseys, pads and invisions, locklids and redz and empire packs.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
New Guy

Where abouts in northern mn are you at?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:12 AM
New Guy

I am south of Duluth about 40 miles, but am looking for a good location closer to Duluth. Hopefully I will be able to obtain enough property to open both speedball and woodsball courses. Thank you to the couple of you that took the time to answer my questions.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:23 AM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbullfan76
1. Where are you located (city, state)? Maryland
2. How far do you travel to play?i go to one field thats about 70 mins away, but that because i like that field, i go to ones that are also 15 mins away but they aren't as nice

3. What type of paintball do you play (speedball, woodsball, scenario, etc)?all/any, and as much as i can
4. What equipment do you use or would you like to use?spyder, Matrix series, id like to have an 06 ego that i maybe picking up
5. How often do you play? as much as i can, some months thats every weekend, sometimes its not at all in a month
6. What do you like about your local paintball dealer / playing field? friendly, there are alot of the owners so sometimes they go on the field and play with us, or even give some of the newer guys tips and how to play the field, that kinda stuff, also has AMAZING prices...i get in for 15 with all day air, and paint is a mere 40 dollars.

7. What things would you like to see in a paintball facility? good atmosphere, rules that are placed, and inforced, a proshop maybe

8. How much do you spend a month on paintball gear, paint, etc? id have to say if i go every weekend of the month, 200
9. If given the opportunity, would you be interested in entering local / amateur tournaments? yes, id be the first to sign up but i dont live in minnesota

10. Before purchasing your equipment, did you ever rent? i rented once, got a tippmann 98 custom, said ok i dont wanna play woodsball, got myself a spyder, and now i have a Pm6

11. How many people are in your average paintball groups? if i go for fun with my team say 5 if i go with a friend of mine that goes every now and then, but he has large groups like 30 ish people
any questions PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Marine Corps.

1. Pasadena, MD
2. 45min. - hour
3. All
4. I use my up'd TL-X and slightly up'd vert 03 'cocker
5. A few times a month ... depending on when i have paint and air
6. Airball field, woodsball, scenario ... castle ball ... good environment to be in
7. Well ... i wish they'd have better refs ... rather refs that don't slack .... good tech area ... an air station that's set up before i get there ..... (hate waiting an hour for fills.... get there as soon as it opens) ... 4500psi atleast ... co2 fills ... better .. cheaper paint ... (my field has recsport for 45 and PMI premiums for 60) ... and lastly they havta have spare parts ...
8. Don't keep record ... but a lot
9. Yep
10. Nope
11. 4-30 depending on where i play