FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: zomg? n00dz?
b2 - settle cuz its easier 2 50.00%
cheetah - find it 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Banned

Default b2 v. cheetah

hey i was looking at halo upgrades and came accross the reloader b2 upgrade and saw it was much more expensive than the regular b upgrade. is it comparable to the cheetah, because nowhere i shop (ie dont give me links, i know where it is but i buy everything from one place at one time) has a cheetah board.

this thread is just because i am wondering what people think about them. vote or die.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:29 AM
Indian

Default Re: b2 v. cheetah

B2 Just because if you ever plan on shooting reballs... then the Empire is the way to go...

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Off the top of my head (besides the reball thing) the B2 upgrade has six different speed settings, and you can program the amount of pressure you want on the stack to stop breaks from happening in the loader itself. It also has an adjustable sound sensitivity thing, and has instant on.

The Cheetah, on the other hand, mainly just deals with eyes so it sees paint better. It's a bit more powerful than the stock Halo board so it can go as fast as your gun shoots - to about 38 bps or so. It detects when the motor slows down, so it won't put more pressure on the stack and cause ball breaks. It has the anti-jam feature that causes it to reverse at full speed to clear the jam once detected.

Personally, I think the Cheetah has more to do with eye upgrades than anti-jam technology even though it's there. I've always preferred the Reloader B BECAUSE it doesn't use eyes. Vision is iffy at best and totally relies on clear sight all the time - one ball break inside the loader and you're toast. Sound will feed no matter what. With the better technology on ball pressure, B2 is better, in my opinion.

Finally, I looked at the prices and found the Reloader B2 upgrade for 70.00 (I can get it cheaper I think) and the Cheetah for about 150.00. To me, the Reloader B2 is a better upgrade all the way around but not a "settle because it's easier" thing.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:16 AM

Respected, period.

Just be careful when you get a cheetah board. A friend of mine did and it doesn't workin his Halo. There are 4 different motors that the Halos have in them. The Cheetah board as it is now will only work with 2 of them. TAG is working to correct this problem but is having trouble with their programmer. Other than that when it does work people say it rips.

As for price you can find a used Cheetah board for $50-60 and when TAG gets a new batch with the new coding they go for $85 on their website.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Banned

also im wondering if i may have problems in the future with my halo b gears like bamf is... i was going to do an overhaul inside the halo, fix my ghetto cone (it has metal fitted by my friends dad and im gonna get a ndz cone, then i was going to get the speedwheel with it.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Public Enemy #1

Stock Reloader B > All. I haven't used my VLocity yet so I can't give an opinion on it yet. All I know is I've never had problems with my Reloader B, while I've had plenty of problems with Halo Bs.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!