Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Has Been

Default Re: Should I...

also vike, i did have some reasoning for my thinking, after timmyshootas response

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, a firefight in speedball and a firefight in the woods are two different things. And while I agree that 10 balls do NOT make a firefight, it only takes one to shoot someone out! Maybe his fellow teammates are in a firefight and he's just plinking them out one at a time. I know several pump players that LOVE to shoot out semi players because it pisses those players off - and the pump players can pump off several of those balls in a hurry and reload with their 10 round tubes even FASTER than you can with the large pods. If he's using the 10 round tubes to feed his pistol, then there's no reason why he can't do it fast.

Also notice what I said about his post. I said just as much about that as I did the other posts. I feel a pistol is not a good thing to use in an actual paintball game unless everyone's using them.

I'm not defending anyone here, just defending choice of game situations and everyone's right to play any way they want without being looked down on. A lot of times, people on this forum (including myself) tend to think ONLY of speedball and 9 times out of 10, it's tournament speedball. We need to get out of that mode because we aren't thumbing our noses or making anyone feel small because of their choice of play - and even though no one means to do that, when you only think one way, it does bother others.

That's all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
also vike, i did have some reasoning for my thinking, after timmyshootas response
I didn't see your second post until AFTER I posted mine - I was in the middle of typing my original one when you posted it. However, I will say I qft the QFT posts (and all their incarnations) because it's not always correct, nor is it saying anything to anyone other than the poster is just repeating what someone else said. May as well use the "Yeah, that!" smiley. I wasn't meaning to offend, just point out the fact that not everything had been considered.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

the only practicality to having a pistol is to back yourself up if you main gun breaks. this is also probably only useful in a scenario because you would have time to go back to put your main gun someplace safe. what are you going to do with your main gun while you are using your pistol during a normal game anyway? just leave it in the mud? like people have already said, it takes just as long to take the pistol out than to reload.

bottom line, you are going to waste your money on something you will never use, almost everyone in this thread agrees with me. but its your money and your decision, so if you think you are going to use it then go right ahead.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Public Enemy #1

The way I feel has already been said by others, so I won't repeat them.

For $15 you can get a pack and some pods and not have to worry about running out of paint. You should reload before you run out of paint anyways, so while the other person is shooting at you, you reload. Pistols are slow and only hold 10 rounds. So if your main gun runs out of paint you can shoot 10 shots before needing to reload one of them. 11 times out of 10 you won't hit anyone with those 10 shots, so which is more beneficial? Reloading your main gun and having 200rnds to shoot, or pulling out the pistol, shooting 10 shots, then still having to reload your main gun?
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:28 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Vike just the coolest. He's the epiphany of cool now that he's a tourney baller and a pump player now!

JB.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

LOL! That's me - Mr. Cool!

Now that my secret E Identity has been established, I can continue with my mission to take over the world through totally Ecool domination!

Nah, I'm just old and cranky....
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Banned

i dunno, i really cant see practicality of a pistol but i know some people really like them. i would tend to go witht the opinion of timmy shooter that a reload might be a better idea. but if you want a pistol, look for something with a spyder design so you can get some upgrades... i know one of them had the same frame as a spyder and accepted the e grip which could be usefull, but i cant remeber what it was called.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

just let him stand over u when he is telling u to surrender shott him in the nuts. and my G1+ works better than any pistol (tac8, overlord,pgp) there not as accurate or as fast and my g1+ is lighter also. and there is a G1 and A G1+
the plus is the better 1. www.pbreview.com
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Bling Bling Bling

It also depends on where you play... My field is a one marker only field, so you cant play with your main gun and have pistol on you. You can bring 2 to the dead zone, but not into live play.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Resident *******

My fields are all as many as you can carry. One time, I saw a dude walk onto the field with like 7 guns and was laughing my ass off. Too bad I had to tech a gun, I wouldn't have minded to see what he actually did with all those markers....

Anyways, I don't see a point in a pistol. As said by others, a pod pack is the way to go. Doesn't have to be 4 pods, even ONE extra will help a lot. I knwo what you're talking about Vike, but I have to dissagree. I play a lot of woods and still carry my Redz pack around even if there's only one other person I go against. I might only carry a couple pods, but I will still have the pack. You never know when you might need extra paint. And yes, I have shot paintball pistols before.... I actually own onbe. A PT Extreme, to be exact. It shoots mebbe 50 feet before it's useless, and the balls double feed into the barrel no matter what you do (and I have tried numerous things...gonna try QAZ's electrical tape idea that he uses on his pumps, I haven't tried that yet...). The Zeus's I've tried (friend has a G1 which broke, so he bought a G1+) are excellent. No complaints about them at all so long as you clean them properly (the reason his died).

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to