Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 AM
irishwarrior's Avatar
irishwarrior irishwarrior is offline
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,283
Question Should I...

Should I get the Ariakon Overlord pistol to suppplement my mech MR1?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 AM
yamaha cow yamaha cow is offline
i will rain apon u!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 451
Default Re: Should I...

no go zeus www.warsensor.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 AM
irishwarrior's Avatar
irishwarrior irishwarrior is offline
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,283
Unhappy Re: Should I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha cow
I looked at the Zeus G1 because it's in my price range and it's a load of junk! I don't trust it as far as the reviews i've seen talk about it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
thechubbss12's Avatar
thechubbss12 thechubbss12 is offline
Indian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Should I...

Humm IMO there is no reason for a pistol.... its just 10 extra balls... why not cary a pod pack and have 140 X 4 extra balls?...
__________________
OKC Yayo

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Hossy's Avatar
Hossy Hossy is offline
Has Been
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Should I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechubbss12
Humm IMO there is no reason for a pistol.... its just 10 extra balls... why not cary a pod pack and have 140 X 4 extra balls?...
qft
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:12 PM
irishwarrior's Avatar
irishwarrior irishwarrior is offline
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 1,283
Default Re: Should I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechubbss12
Humm IMO there is no reason for a pistol.... its just 10 extra balls... why not cary a pod pack and have 140 X 4 extra balls?...
A Pistol is used when you run out of paint or air so you can fight until you can reload because if you're in a fire fight chances are you can't reload without getting hit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:15 PM
timmyshoota's Avatar
timmyshoota timmyshoota is offline
Public Enemy #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Should I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwarrior
A Pistol is used when you run out of paint or air so you can fight until you can reload because if you're in a fire fight chances are you can't reload without getting hit.
I can reload faster than you can pull out your pistol. And then after I've reloaded I'll be able to shoot 200rnds more accurately and faster than you can shoot your 10. Learn how to reload and you won't have any problems.
__________________
HK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Hossy's Avatar
Hossy Hossy is offline
Has Been
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Should I...

ummm personally i wouldnt use a pistol, if ur in a firefight, at an angle where they cant shoot you, and reload.

when i usually play, if im shooting at someone, ill shoot some, and let him shoot, let him waste his paint, even do that when u dont have paint just shoot so he keeps ducking in.

when ur loader is becomming light, flip the lid of the loader up, so then if there is a break in the action, you just pull out the pod and its easy like that, but while the lid is open make sure that there is some paint still in there, if u know what i mean
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Should I...

While I agree that I don't care much other than the Ooh and Aahness of a paintball pistol, I have to disagree with some of the things that were said here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechubbss12
Humm IMO there is no reason for a pistol.... its just 10 extra balls... why not cary a pod pack and have 140 X 4 extra balls?...
Some people don't play that type of paintball. Pump players have no need for 140 X 4 extra balls, and actually do quite well with their 10 round tubes and only carry about 100 all together. And woodsball players often only carry a couple hundred rounds. Now, obviously, no one would use a pistol in a tournament or rec speedball situation because the time issue would be plausible, so the assumption that everyone would carry a pack with massive amounts of paint is biased towards speedball and really not fair to argue about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
qft
See above. Why is this the truth? I see nothing solid regarding all types of paintball and you provided no other argument for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwarrior
A Pistol is used when you run out of paint or air so you can fight until you can reload because if you're in a fire fight chances are you can't reload without getting hit.
I've seen a lot of paintball and NEVER have I seen a pistol used for this. There simply isn't enough time to shoot your pistol WHILE you're reloading your gun. There aren't ammo runners bringing ammo to you if you run out - which shouldn't happen during a game anyways! Besides, if you have time to pull the pistol and use it for 10 shots, then you have time to reload your primary gun because it takes, what? 5 seconds to do?

Pistols, in real life as much as in paintball, are used sparingly and for up close confrontations.There just isn't enough of those to warrant their practical use in paintball - in my opinion. Now, if you play games that EVERYONE uses only pistols, or are going for the actual look of milsim or whatever, then ok, I can see it. Otherwise, nope - can't see a real use for them other than wowing the new guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
I can reload faster than you can pull out your pistol. And then after I've reloaded I'll be able to shoot 200rnds more accurately and faster than you can shoot your 10. Learn how to reload and you won't have any problems.
Again, while I disagree with the use of a pistol, this statement is on the assumption that everyone plays your type of ball. And, assuming you can shoot all 200 rounds before he shoots his 10, that doesn't say much because you shot 20 times as much paint as he did to accomplish the same thing with just 10 shots. I know what you're going to say, timmy, and yes, I understand that you probably can get more people out or hold them down better, but in the context of what I'm talking about, you understand what I'm saying.

I'm not trying to start anything fellows, because you know I'm as much a tournament player as any of you and enjoy shooting loads of paint at any given target any time of the day. However, please remember there are different types of balling, and not everything is tournament/speedball based so we shouldn't be looking down our noses at them.

Now, after all that - there's this pistol out that carries a 12 gram and 10 rounds all in a clip - I can't remember the name and it's quite expensive, but that one sure gets some Ooohs and aaahs from me!
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Hossy's Avatar
Hossy Hossy is offline
Has Been
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Should I...

vike, i do agree with some of the stuff u said, but you also have to think about this.

he said that he would whip it out in a firefight, 10 balls isnt gonna let you do anything in a firefight, unless he or she is doing something to reveal themselves more.

it would be hard to reload, and shoot with a pistol at the same time, harder than reloading a pod into your loader..
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:29 AM.