Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

well its wrong if there are newbs or less experienced players on the field, but if you have all tourney players who wipe and cheat all the time, i usually put more than one into them, even if i know they know they are hit. i dont bonus ball when they are obviously walking off though. if they are halfway to the deadbox, and couldnt possibly be trying to shoot you back/cheat, i dont see the need to shoot at them more. i also dont want to waste time shooting at a player thats already out when i can focus on someone shooting back.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Finally! A special name!!

...but you still want to get them off the field as quickly as possible... In tourneys, I don't stop shooting until you're RUNNING off the field... In rec, I'll put 2 or 3 on you if you're older... Only one if you're younger... I generally use cheap paint that doesn't always break when I play rec, so it's just kind of insurance... Younger kids will generally call themselves out even if it doesn't break... But yeah...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:13 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I had a fella shooting a Tippy bonus me in a rec game. He shot me about 4 times. I'd look at him with raised hands and marker, turn around and he'd shoot me again. He did it a few times and thought it was funny. I was already a little pissed because my Revy was jacking me anyways. Was trying to fix it and how I was eliminated in the first place. Instead of walking away from him, I walked towards him as I was walking off the field. Of course I wanted to get a good look at him since everybody looks about the same on the field -

We were in the staging area and it just so happens he and his buds were very close to where I had my gear. I'm not sure if it was intentional but he was bragging kinda loud to them about this guy he was bonusing in the last game. lol.....pretty funny -

I got my Imp out for the next game. The game started and I spotted he and his Tippy buds trying to flank to the right. Me and another guy picked a few of his buds off as they were trying to flee through an opened area just along the tape. He made a bound in the same fashion and made it through to some small trees in an open field and hit the dirt, er ah, tall grass. I pelted him or that area with a 200rd hopper and 2 140's before the ref made me stop shooting him. He did not raise his hands so I kept shooting lol. The ref hollered for him to stand up and he was covered with my paint and still wasn't going to call himself out. The ref did and he walked off the field -

Back in the staging area after the game he was still cleaning up the paint from himself and his gear. I went over and apologized for shooting him so much and told him he should have raised his hands and called himself out. I did so, so he'd know who I was. He and his buds weren't laughing after that game for some reason. I on the other hand was humbly laughing inside. So much for bonus ballers. They deserve the best -
Old 01-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Resident *******

LMFAO! Nice, Drago. Idiots are not compatible with paintball guns, and sometimes they need to be brutally shown that.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-08-2006, 12:30 AM

I do not normally bonus ball unless I'm provoked or see someone else taking advantage or intentionally overshooting another player that may not be able to stand up for themselves in such a situation. I understand people make mistakes and sometimes it just happens that a person may get a few balls extra when adrenalin is pumping. There is really no excuse for thinking it's a joke to intentionally bonus someone else IMO. I prolly shouldn't have layed into this guy as much as I did but maybe it left a bad taste in his mouth(NPI) before he might try this on someone else again. When on the field, I try to treat others as a reflection of the way they treat me -

On another note, when reffing at the World Cup in '04, I noticed most players there did very little of this bonus balling. I'd say 95% of the players there seemed to show very good sportsmanship amongst each other. There were a few babies throwing fits and such but didn't really see any overshooting at all like some in this thread portray tourneyball as being. If anything, the refs are the ones that take most of the extras in the back or wherever -

Adrian......you didn't need to delete your post lol -
Old 01-08-2006, 12:53 AM
sHaDyOneDeath

Talking Re: Why they keep shooting?

Ahhh you caught me

Custom BLM 1 2

My FeedBack
Old 01-08-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm1188
Ahhh you caught me
.............again lol -
Old 01-08-2006, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by percast_kingman
Im starting at paintball and i have enter little tournamnets... and my Q. is why if a dude shoots you and he saw that was direct hit and the ref. is tellin me that im "dead" why they keep shooting?? One time someone shoted me in the head and a very short distance and i tell you that it relly hurts and leave me atonished, and the guy who shot me saw that i was grabbing my head in pain and he continued shooting at me... well, i think if a new player that whats to start at the sport and he/she sees that, i think it would be not a good presentation for the sport.. what do you think??
Not once did you mention you had called yourself "out" or raised your hands, or were walking off the field. You did not say the ref told the shooter to stop shooting because you were out. Until any of these happen, your fair game. Expect to be shot.
Centerflag Hyperframe
Egg II
Air America Apocalypse 68/45
www.mnmilitia.com
ME
Our Forum
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 AM
wat

I only bonus ball those that (1) Wipe, or (2) Bonus Ball me. Normally with the guys I play with it's number one. You see a splat of paint on them, they pull behind the bunker, pop back out and keep playing and when you ask them they say "Nah man, that was from last game." So the next game I make it a point to wait for them to make their move and shoot a rope into them until they run off the field. Wipers < *
Old 01-08-2006, 10:30 AM
10/19/03

In recball it's no big deal, in tournaments and practice almost everyone bonus balls, you just have to, to guarantee a break and that they won't wipe. If you practice with teams you're gonna take 3-5 or more balls with every hit just in case.