Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 AM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drefish99
Hello and welcome.

Lets see from my experience in tourneys and reason why I keep shooting someone when I know that they are already shot is to get them off the field faster. Sorry. Some of the people on the opposing team walk off too slow so that they can still call out people and where my team mates are at. As a Back player it is my duty to escort them off the field as quickly as I can so that they don't have time to relay that my front men have moved up. Sorry but it is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeZus
I shoot, and shoot, and shoot, and keep shooting until you get the heck off my field. I don't care what the ref is saying to you, you aren't out until you walk off, so until then, I'll keep shooting. The worst thing you can do is shoot someone once and then move to shoot someone else. We lost our first game at Cup because one of our guys shot out someone, then exposed his body to that guy to shoot someone else...the first guy played on and shot out half our team.
Yup - guilty here as well. I don't care during a tournament because when there are points up for grabs, I'll be danged if I let that guy give away positions, shield other players or play on. I don't necessarily shoot them off the field, just until a ref comes and physically calls him out. If he's taking his time though, I know somethings going on, so I "remind" him that's not the proper thing to do.

Our team has suffered a loss or two because of that very situation GeeZus mentioned. We missed the finals in one tournament because of it. It's a hard lesson to learn.

NEVER in rec play though. If I shoot a lot, it's mainly at the bunkers themselves to keep the players back in and for no other reason.
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 AM
geeZus's Avatar
geeZus geeZus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 7Fight7
Posts: 396
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
"everytime I see you bonus ball someone like you did ME the last game, I will increase this reaction by 5 more balls."
That's just gonna make me bonus ball you even more.

I bonus ball in rec or tourney. Doesn't matter to me, but I usually only play with tourney ballers.

Oh yeah, Dru, got you pods gonna send em out today.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-04-2006, 08:56 AM
chubb0rz's Avatar
chubb0rz chubb0rz is offline
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: So Fla
Posts: 757
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Yea you can expect this in any tournament...if you play xball dont even bring it up b.c its the norm. Most xball teams/players do it to get in your head and its more for you to clean.

As far as regular tournys its just to get you off faster and also sometimes people complain about getting shot more while walking off, when they dont realize they just walked into someones lane. But overall its mental imo
__________________
DC Photos - More to come

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-04-2006, 08:58 AM
percast_kingman percast_kingman is offline
Kingman freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 20
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

okay, i see your point guys.Thankyou for all the help.
Sorry about the puntuaction.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
QAZ123's Avatar
QAZ123 QAZ123 is offline
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by percast_kingman
Sorry about the puntuaction.
It's ok sorry I didn't realize english is not your first language. JB
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
druid's Avatar
druid druid is offline
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: hiding behind my 114/45 :D
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeZus
That's just gonna make me bonus ball you even more.
To which (in my case) you will be real sore, real quick...perhaps even up-chuck into your mask...I don't bonus ball (on purpose) and expect the same in return. I've had people BB me and I did exactly what I said ^^up there^^...it stopped real quick.
I bonus ball in rec or tourney. Doesn't matter to me, but I usually only play with tourney ballers.

Oh yeah, Dru, got you pods gonna send em out today. nice...thanks!
I don't advocate BB'ing at all. Like I said, I don't do it, don't do it to me. If you do, it's on...plain and simple
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:18 AM
percast_kingman percast_kingman is offline
Kingman freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 20
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

yeap, im latino
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:20 AM
QAZ123's Avatar
QAZ123 QAZ123 is offline
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Corydon, IN
Posts: 1,415
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

I can see it in the tourney scene and I guess it's something I'm gonna have to get used to this year but I don't care for it and I don't even care to see it.

It just doesn't have a place in recball unless your having problem's with somebody wiping/playing on etc. etc. which actually is happening more and more often! I'm getting tired of reffing!

JB.

Last edited by QAZ123 : 01-04-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Deadnoob's Avatar
Deadnoob Deadnoob is offline
Razor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 54
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

As I am new I can only state what I think, not what I know, but in my opinion if you are hit and the ref calls you out you are "OUT" you should not talk walk in the lane of another, tell where your opponents are etc, if you do in my opinion you are cheating, therefore you should be shot again and again untill the message is clear to leave the playing feild in a quik and quit manner. If a ref refuses to act on such a digression the the ref should be brought to the owner of the complex.

Now on the other hand, if you have a feeble minded fool who enjoys inflicting pain on others then he should be warned first, then removed for 1 round, 3rd offense banned from next event. And I think we all know who these guys are they are easy to spot.

Just my two cents
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:32 AM
bigred76's Avatar
bigred76 bigred76 is offline
Resident *******
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,228
Default Re: Why they keep shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by percast_kingman
yeap, im latino
Ah! Bien! Su inglés es bastante bueno para uno quién habla español normalmente. ¡El buen trabajo en intentar, y continúa el buen trabajo!

Enough with the Spanish from me.... I agree with Druid, and I only shoot until you get your butt outa my way. If you're slow getting outa my way and there is another guy on your team behind you, I'm sorry, but you're gonna get plastered.
__________________
SOC (+41, -0) | PBN (+12, -0) | New PBN (+20, -0)

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 PM.