Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
New Guy

Default Adjust screw problem

i got the older blue sonix from a friend and it was fine when i got it but when i tried taking it appart the adjust screw doesnt stay in anymore. also i lost the little metal disk thats behind the striker plug so is that a problem?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:21 PM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Adjust screw problem

No, that little metal disk won't make a difference. As for the screw you can either try drilling and tapping it out for a bigger screw or you can put some try some teflon on it.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmafia33
i got the older blue sonix from a friend and it was fine when i got it but when i tried taking it appart the adjust screw doesnt stay in anymore. also i lost the little metal disk thats behind the striker plug so is that a problem?
The flat disc is to protect the plastic spring guide from the adjustment screw.On the adjuster, you either stripped the screw or the mounting hole in the breech plug. I suggest drilling and tapping for a whole new screw because it's not something you want to "slip"..unless you are able to determine which of the two (if not both) are stripped...
Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
New Guy

what happens is that the spring guide pushes up on the adjust screw so it pushes it out. also do you screw it into the striker plug or do you push it in because it doesnt screw in. theres also a small hole where a screw can go in on top of the adjust screw do i have to put one in there?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Marine Corps.

haha whow .. huh ?? ... well you don't screw in your spring guide .. you just push it in ... and behind the plug there should be a big knob that twists left and right .. thats your velocity adjuster ... you can adjust your velocity up there .. im sorta in a rush so .. just PM me if you need help ... later gotta meet my friend ..
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

ooglie...the stock adjuster on a sonix is just a screw...not a knob like on the Imagine..
mrmafia---take the breech plate off the back of the marker. take the velocity adjuster screw out of it and look to see which is (or if both are) stripped. When you reassemble the marker, the spring goes inside the back of the striker, the rubber bumper over the back of the spring, the spring guide goes in the back of the spring and the flat disc (if you had it) behind that. so...
STRIKER <--SPRING <--RECOIL BUFFER <--SPRING GUIDE <--DISC <-PLATE
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Marine Corps.

oh it's the allen wrench velocity adjuster then ?? ... my friend has one of those on his XT which is ... somewhat mine now .. since he got a new gun .. and his cupseal was broken