Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: New to game

One important this to remember is that different barrels have different bore sizes, and different paint has different sizes as well. The best thing to do for your "accuracy" is to ensure you have a close match between the bore size of your barrel, and the average size of the paint you are using.

Barrel Bore Size:
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html

Paint Sizes:
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html

Lots of people invest in a barrel kit, offering them interchangable bore sizes, to match the paint they have readily available. The best thing to do in your case is figure out what type of paint you will typically be using, and then find a good barrel to fit that. There are several good barrel options for under $50, making this a relatively cheap upgrade.

Also - safety first! Make sure you and your boys keep those goggles on at all times! And use your barrel plugs or condoms. It may seem silly at first, but you'll soon find out how easy it is to have a miss fire in the staging area, and you'll be glad you had your barrel plug in when you do!

Welcome to the sport, and welcome to the forums!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

thanks baller.....beat me to it
Old 01-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Welcome, and as an "older" person myself, and in answer to one of your questions, you can indeed form teams with younger players. My team has two 15 year olds on it, and it works fine. Like was said, we can't play young guns though.

This is a great place to come and learn. It was the first forum I came to and I've never left. Been to several others, but they aren't the same. Seems to me the barrel and paint thing has been covered pretty well. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! That's what we're here for!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Razor

Very cool info, thank you,

I have used a few different types of PB's and I have had great success with accurcy on my gun and my chikdrens guns with Draxxus Dusk balls, these are a little more pricy then the bucket of balls you can by but it seems when I by the buckets they seem to break more often and break easier and not shoot so strait.

I have made the rules and safety the #1 priority to my children, these are not toys by any stretch of the imagination. Safeties stay on "and the guns came with barrel plugs" untill the match starts, if tagged your saftey goes on and you sit untill another round starts, I told them if they shoot at others not polaying or in a match, cars, homes, animals, etc, thier guns will be taken "FOREVER" no if's an's or but's about it.

I want this to be something we can do together, and if they choose and get good at it and wish to do tournies that I would back them 100% but with this comes great responsibilty.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Razor

How often should the markers be broken down, cleaned oiled etc. ?

I dont just mean cleaning the barrel after a day in the woods, I mean a good cleaning and pm ?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

You could clean them after every day of play but it's not necessary. It just depend's on how often you play really. I would clean the exterior and barrel after every time you play then the bolt like every other time or something like that.

JB.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Weeeee!

I do full breakdown and lube before any big games and tournies. For regular rec ball I might drop a few drops of pb oil in the ASA and shoot a few times without the barrel on to lube up the marker before a game.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Razor

sweet, thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Razor

If I am sking too much too soon just pimp slap me and send me on my way
Old 01-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Weeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnoob
If I am sking too much too soon just pimp slap me and send me on my way
Eslaps aren't free round these parts. But here ya go... Free fish slap. and a free kick in the jubilees

hehe

If ya asked too many questions we would either a) ignore you or b) ignore you. So go ask away.

Heck I remember when Vike was still new and he had full page threads that would go in-depth into the heart and mind of the question he was asking that by the end of the post I think he fell asleep. Those were good times before he took his medicine to keep him up during the day.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.