Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Spinal's Avatar
Spinal Spinal is offline
NDZ ftw
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 162
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf-hacker
it will cost you as much as a Ego.
you can get $800 in upgrades? performance that is not cosmetics.
__________________
Fully Upped Spyder Pilot|Macdev 68/45|DXS Pulse|Empire 7pc Barrel Kit
The gun
Update Dec17-Take-a-part your 05' Pilot guide
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:58 AM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal
you can get $800 in upgrades? performance that is not cosmetics.

$199.99 Gun
$139.99 BoB Body
$19.99 QEV
$39.99 Feedneck
$79.99 Regulator
$39.99 ASA w/on-off
$129.99 Board
$19.99 Membrane pad and adapter
$179.99 Barrel kit
$39.99 Trigger
$54.99 Bolt
$19.99 Detents
$24.99 Grips

Total $989.87 not including the tank and loader

Now you could uses cheaper stuff of used but that is all new and top of the line stuff.

So yes you can upgrade an Ion to almost an Ego's price with functional parts.

HacKeR

p.s. Not even close to what I paid.... (got some great deals on stuff)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 AM
bigred76's Avatar
bigred76 bigred76 is offline
Resident *******
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,228
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

You forgot lazer eyes, AC threaded breeches, Lucky Stages....Lol, there's a ton of upgrades for Ions.
__________________
SOC (+41, -0) | PBN (+12, -0) | New PBN (+20, -0)

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
You forgot lazer eyes, AC threaded breeches, Lucky Stages....Lol, there's a ton of upgrades for Ions.
He only wanted to see the functional upgrades. The breech and eyes are not really functional, more cosmetic. The Lucky Stages is functional though.

But yes there are toooooonnnnsssss of upgrades for the Ion.

HacKeR
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf-hacker
$199.99 Gun
$139.99 BoB Body
$19.99 QEV
$39.99 Feedneck
$79.99 Regulator
$39.99 ASA w/on-off
$129.99 Board
$19.99 Membrane pad and adapter
$179.99 Barrel kit
$39.99 Trigger
$54.99 Bolt
$19.99 Detents
$24.99 Grips

Total $989.87 not including the tank and loader

Now you could uses cheaper stuff of used but that is all new and top of the line stuff.

So yes you can upgrade an Ion to almost an Ego's price with functional parts.

HacKeR

p.s. Not even close to what I paid.... (got some great deals on stuff)
im sorry but that is the noob-est purchase list i have ever seen... because you started with 200 dollar ion. if you want an ion that shoots well IM me and ill assist you PERSONALLY in making a spool valve that functions well and looks atleast decent for less than what bamf has projected.

there are only 50 dollars worth of parts that are on the ion that you would want to keep why spend 150 extra
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-05-2006, 11:09 AM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
im sorry but that is the noob-est purchase list i have ever seen... because you started with 200 dollar ion. if you want an ion that shoots well IM me and ill assist you PERSONALLY in making a spool valve that functions well and looks atleast decent for less than what bamf has projected.

there are only 50 dollars worth of parts that are on the ion that you would want to keep why spend 150 extra
Trying to understand your post... You are saying don't get the Ion base, just build it yourself?

If that is what you mean I agree 100% since every Ion part is available aftermarket, minus the banjos, but you can get those.

I did not do that because I played with my Ion while I was upgrading.

That was just showing you could get almost an Ego's worth in upgrades.

HacKeR
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Sandman_Bravo's Avatar
Sandman_Bravo Sandman_Bravo is offline
Spyder Vet
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: boondocks, west-bum**ck
Posts: 1,845
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

I think I'm saving for a black shocker with vision. I think even after upgrading, it won't shoot like the shocker will stock and I'll have enough invested in it to buy the shocker anyway.
__________________
Think about it: Click Me * My Feedback
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/resou...tspertank.html
--------
These colors will never run.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: How does a Shocker, Dm5, & Ion compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf-hacker
Trying to understand your post... You are saying don't get the Ion base, just build it yourself?

If that is what you mean I agree 100% since every Ion part is available aftermarket, minus the banjos, but you can get those.

I did not do that because I played with my Ion while I was upgrading.

That was just showing you could get almost an Ego's worth in upgrades.

HacKeR
ya, dont ever buy the base ion if you want to make one.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:17 AM.