Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed
Of course, no one EVER get's mad about things when someone beats someone else to death with a BASEBALL bat...
or a golf club/golf cart

and let me get this straight... they were playing with it while it had air... and the kid didnt have googles on (it hit him in the eye) so therefore it was obviously used in a way not intended by the manfacturer, not to mention the screw(driver, some say it was a screw driver not a screw) loaded in the barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Hossy's Avatar
Hossy Hossy is offline
Has Been
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,401
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
or a golf club/golf cart

and let me get this straight... they were playing with it while it had air... and the kid didnt have googles on (it hit him in the eye) so therefore it was obviously used in a way not intended by the manfacturer, not to mention the screw(driver, some say it was a screw driver not a screw) loaded in the barrel.
good point claus
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
WhatThaSmurf's Avatar
WhatThaSmurf WhatThaSmurf is offline
I'm Back!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,311
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

all i have to say is one thing, wtf were those guys thinking?!
__________________
My favorite DJ, and all his music is free from his site.
Pretty Lights

Three years is too long without paintball.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
claustrophobia9's Avatar
claustrophobia9 claustrophobia9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThaSmurf
all i have to say is one thing, wtf were those guys thinking?!
the last thing that went through that kids head was a screw.... bummer for him, no idea what the other kids were "thinking" though
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
druid's Avatar
druid druid is offline
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: hiding behind my 114/45 :D
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX
Not to flame, But why do you post these things? You and I both know (along with a lot of other people), That this stuff happens everyday, But why let everyone know about it? New people wanting to play paintball could come onto the boards and see this (along with their parents) and Then that would be another Mother/Father/Son that think Paintball is a bad sport..

Sorry if this offends you.. Don't post this ****..
It doesn't offend me but know this...I will contunue to post these things as long as I am a member of the internet community of paintball.

I understand your reasons and I guess I could partly agree - however - it is more responsible for us to post it and show that the hazards of BEING RETARTED can get people killed. As a parent of 3 kids, I'd like to know that internet groups take the time and effort to inform others of the hazards of 'being creative'...and that their "bright ideas" are likely to get people seriously hurt or killed.

If by reading the article, a juvenile realizes that this isn't a 'toy'...and doesn't put anything other than a paintball through the marker...I have done my job and possibly save a life.

I'm sorry you disagree and you are well within your rights to believe what you do...but so am I.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Victa_Balla's Avatar
Victa_Balla Victa_Balla is offline
Used to be cool
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Va
Posts: 172
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
It doesn't offend me but know this...I will contunue to post these things as long as I am a member of the internet community of paintball.

I understand your reasons and I guess I could partly agree - however - it is more responsible for us to post it and show that the hazards of BEING RETARTED can get people killed. As a parent of 3 kids, I'd like to know that internet groups take the time and effort to inform others of the hazards of 'being creative'...and that their "bright ideas" are likely to get people seriously hurt or killed.

If by reading the article, a juvenile realizes that this isn't a 'toy'...and doesn't put anything other than a paintball through the marker...I have done my job and possibly save a life.

I'm sorry you disagree and you are well within your rights to believe what you do...but so am I.
Preach on Druid. Amen.
__________________
2k3er

VA Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
i like your teachings victa
sp1365: Ive never been shot in the knob
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-28-2006, 08:13 PM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

It amazes me what people will do and think of. A screw driver in the barrel of a paintball gun....

Druid DO NOT STOP POSTING THIS STUFF. I think it is very important for us to read about the stupid idiots out there.

HacKeR
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

druid...isnt it "retarded" and not "retarted"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
lewizz124's Avatar
lewizz124 lewizz124 is offline
makin my way to the top of the food chain.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: bridgman, MI
Posts: 352
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

im guilty of shooting the over sized thumb tacks out of my old spider.... it was a cool way to pin sticky notes to my cork board. also very dangerous.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
druid's Avatar
druid druid is offline
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: hiding behind my 114/45 :D
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: ...another 'tragic accident'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewizz124
im guilty of shooting the over sized thumb tacks out of my old spider.... it was a cool way to pin sticky notes to my cork board. also very dangerous.
uh huh....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:05 AM.