Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default of the Month contest for 2006

Ok, you guys voted, and you have been heard. I'll do the "of the Month" contests again this year, but there are going to be some new rules to this one. Pictures of guns will be PM'd to me, and after a set amount of time - say 1 month - I'll enter the guns into the poll thread.

This poll will be for December/January. I'll have them every two months, so the next one will be in March for February/March....and so on.

Rules:

#1 - KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Have fun, but let's keep the popularity contest at a minimum...vote for the gun you think looks the best, or has the most work done to it.

#2 - Send me a picture of your gun, sized to 640 X 480 (or whatever it was before.) If it's not that size, it won't go in the poll - you'll get a link instead. If you want, and think it will help, send me the stats on the gun. However, your name WILL NOT go in the poll with the gun.

#3 - The gun you present MUST be your gun. Same goes for the action pictures - they must be of you and not just a foot or elbow. For example, just because you like Carbine' Hornet, does not mean you can enter it!

#4 - There will be a "Non Spyder of the Month" poll for guns like Timmy's, Shockers, Angels, Cockers, etc. that aren't considered Spyder's or Spyder Clones (basically blowbacks and those guns considered "lower end" markers.) T1s, Primals and Spimmys will fall in this category since there is nothing "spyder-like" except their bodies anymore.

#5 - There will be a "Spyder/Clone of the Month" which will encompass all Spyder/blowback clone markers.

#6 - If there are plenty of action pics, I'll post a poll for those as well.

#7 - Once you win, you won't be allowed to enter that gun or action pic again until the "of the Year" contest.

#8 - Discussion of the guns will be allowed in the poll thread, but do NOT discuss who's gun it is. Let's let the people decide on their own which gun they want to pick.

#9 - Refusal to follow these painfully simple rules will result in not being in the contest. PERIOD.

#10 - Have fun!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:20 PM

Glad to see it still going. When are this months (dec/jan) pics due by?

Proud Owner of an Automag!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Let's say, by the middle of January. You can start sending them now, but I won't put the poll up until then. Give it a week or so for voting, then lock the poll, post the winners and sticky it for all to see! How's that sound?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 PM

Default prize?

just a quick question, i have no idea what the pic of the month is...is there a prize to this or...i duno fill me in?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

I say you do each month on set days

Start the entrance thread on the 15th, start the voting on the 1st of the next month, stop the voting on the 5th. Something like that.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ctor
just a quick question, i have no idea what the pic of the month is...is there a prize to this or...i duno fill me in?
The of the month contests were 3 monthly contests that were started last year - 1 for non spyders (timmys, shockers, Dm's, Angels, Phantoms, etc were some featured last year) 1 for Spyder/Clones (blowbacks basically) and an action picture one.

The only prize was bragging rights. People entered their guns, and if they won, they got to say so and brag on it. At the end of the year, we had "of the Year" contests featuring the winners of the previous months. Speaking of which, if you were a winner of the year, send me the picture that won, and I'll sticky them so we can keep a running record of past winners.

There's some thinking that it kinda turned into a popularity contest, with people really only voting for PEOPLE they liked or thought were e-cool instead of the actual gun and the work put into it. So to stop that, I'm not going to be entering the owner's names, and there won't be a thread showing all the pictures PRIOR to the poll...

I think the monthly thing is a bit much, considering some months last year, people didn't bother to vote or even enter their guns/pictures. We'll do a bi-monthly poll this year to see how that works out. I understand about the action pic thing, I kinda liked that more than the gun contests, but there were months that hardly anyone entered - shoot, in the last one, only 2 people entered!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: of the Month contest for 2006

great new rules vike, i think it'll work great.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM

I'm sure you're new, so make sure to read the rules first.

No one is to post pictures for the contest...
Old 01-04-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubalo7
I'm sure you're new, so make sure to read the rules first.

No one is to post pictures for the contest...
who are you talking to?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
*713*

this is gonna be a pain for me so i may just not enter anymore