Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Naturally Born Thriller

Default Lexus Is250 or Audi A4

Lookin to get the moms a new car. Her Fx35 is alright on gas mileage but she doesn't utilize the space of it. My dad likes the is250 awd but I think the A4 quattro is sick.

Is250 Pros
Sexy Looks
Guaranteed to be reliable
More interior controls
Softer leather
Is250 Cons
No turbo / Lacks Torque
Won't outhandle the audi
A4 Pros
Turbo
Cheaper than Is250
Great Handling
A4 Cons
Ugly 16 Spoke Rims
Interior is really plain, less "creature comforts"
Old 06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Public Enemy #1

Default Re: Lexus Is250 or Audi A4

IS350. Forget the 250. My dad has the new Avalon with the 3.5L 270hp motor. Its a beast, and I'd love to see it in a lighter car with RWD. Turbo + Audi doesn't mix well, I know NUMEROUS people who have had to replace the turbos on their A4s. These are stock motors and aren't beat on.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

lexus
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Naturally Born Thriller

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
IS350. Forget the 250. My dad has the new Avalon with the 3.5L 270hp motor. Its a beast, and I'd love to see it in a lighter car with RWD. Turbo + Audi doesn't mix well, I know NUMEROUS people who have had to replace the turbos on their A4s. These are stock motors and aren't beat on.
Gotta be the 250awd, chicago winters get pretty slippery. As for the turbos in audi's go, it will all be warrantied and the one we looked at was a certified used demo with 5k. (100k mile warranty)
Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 PM

lexusssss
Old 06-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Fluent in Stroll

i dont know enough about lexus', but i dont like audis at all.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

you know, my mom just got a dodge (dodgy as i call it) charger, i think if this isnt like a manditory choice between the two you might talk her into a manly car. my mom only got the low end one through the company, but i love how it handles, and just the feel compared to my uncles lexus. overall id put it on that or a nissan... i love nissans with a passion if you can get a maxima, altima or ever an infinity g35 (its the same company in japan, the g35 is a skyline) i think those are some of the best feeling cars for that price. if you are allowed out of those 2 choices make sure you steer away from pontiac... for some reason all of the moms like the grand prix and i have to say from a passenger stand point i dont mind it, with its cool HUD (yep HUD) and other stuff, but its just a ****y feel...

btw, when we went car shopping i got to test a few cars my mom was allowed to get (not to the knowlege of the dealer, on their semi closed area) and all of those cars are pretty nice. we didnt get behind any lexuses that day but like i said my uncle has the IS#(i forget the number, its not important to me) and i drove that. Let us know if those are the absolute limited choices or what.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Naturally Born Thriller

Dude, she drives an Fx35 now. Its basically a g35 in SUV form. The gas mileage is pretty bad since she only does city driving and that 3.5 v6 is too small for the weight of it. My dad said he'd like something that gets better gas mileage but has to be awd. The reason I like the audi is that my godfather has an A8 and it just handles so well for the size and is hella smooth. Driving a 325i for two months, I'd like a german car back in the driveway. There a b**** to work on but its a great feeling driving one.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
The Idiotic Kiwi

ive got the a4 cabrolet, it is really nice to drive, but it does lack a few controls inside. a plus is the refrigerator glvebox, it comes in handy. i dont no how it is similar to the a4 but i love the cabrolet.

1) Buy in bulk and save
2) Cutting in line gets you nowhere, except to the front of the line
3) If something has gone wrong. Its easy to blame yourself, but its EVEN eaiser to blame someone else.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheat71
Dude, she drives an Fx35 now. Its basically a g35 in SUV form. The gas mileage is pretty bad since she only does city driving and that 3.5 v6 is too small for the weight of it. My dad said he'd like something that gets better gas mileage but has to be awd. The reason I like the audi is that my godfather has an A8 and it just handles so well for the size and is hella smooth. Driving a 325i for two months, I'd like a german car back in the driveway. There a b**** to work on but its a great feeling driving one.
like i said, i really love my moms charger, the thing has a really tight turning radius, even the low end model purs (the high end that we drove was crazy) and some of the features you can get for the price of a lexus make it worth it. i dont think its awd but i also dont think itll have much problems. the windshield is a little funny and takes some getting used to but i think its just a great car and thats worth it. but between the two i still stand by the lexus.