Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM
If you fall down a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.

Arrow New Barrel

I'm looking to get a new barrel for my Spyder Sonix, so I'm looking for a barrel that is pretty quiet but still accurate. I'm lookin at the 32 Degrees Nyte Stikk barrel and I'm just wondering what your thoughts were on this. Also, I'll probably get 12 inces but I was just wondering if 14" will really make my gun more accurate, or will it just waste air? I've got about 60$, so if you could maybe recommend a barrel in that price range, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: New Barrel

j&j 14 inch.about 30$ish at most sites or so
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 PM

*cough*

your most likely going to get alot of people say that the J&J ceramic is the best one to get, your also going to get alot of people say that the Smartparts teardrop is the best.

you cant go by what other people tell you, you should go out to the local field and see people use them, and see if you can borrow them and try them out yourself, in the end, its up to how much YOU want to pay and what YOU think is the best choice
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
viper one

yeah i got a 14" smart parts progressive for my pilot acs. it doesn't seem to be any quieter than the stock one. it does seem slightly more accurate though. honestly i dont think your gonna get much quieter unless you go with a low pressure type setup. your getting a lot of noise from the actuation of the bolt that pretty much can't be silenced just with a barrel upgrade. accuracy wise though, pretty much what he said. swap barrels with somebody for a game and experiment with some different lengths and styles. Everything is so variable with these things it's almost impossible to say what part works best with your setup.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:36 PM

Meh, smart parts is decent.. I love the J J Performance 1 Piece Barrel 14" sinc e it is accurate, semi-quiet, and self cleaning... to a degree. However I am now useing an Evil Driver Barrel 14" which I like alot more.. looks very nice and performs even better! J J is about 36$ Evil Driver is about 60$
Old 06-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Spyder Addict

I have a J&J for sale Mint.......in sales section
Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

If you have 60$ You could buy a smart parts all american, that there is quiet and accurate. I've only seen one used once on 98C, but it halved the report.

Can anyone else attest for the AA?

You should also look at size of paint you get usually and compare it to the barrel size. My friends J&J is not so good as my teardrop because he can't get larger paint and the J&J is a larger bore barrel.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I'm going to be different here. I bought a 14" Night Stick for my Sonix when I first got the gun and it's a lot better barrel than a lot of people know. It's really accurate, it seriously made the gun a lot quieter even BEFORE I did the LP stuff, and it looks great.

32* gets a negative a lot because it's NOT a big name company like Smart Parts or J&J in the way of barrels, but to tell you the truth, the Night stick is one of the best and most favorite barrels I've ever had. However, I do NOT like the Quiet Riot or their other one, can't remember the name. They aren't nearly as nice as the NS.

I also had a J&J Ceramic, and I hated it...but I'm one of the few...I always recommend a 32* Night Stick to Spyder users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
Can anyone else attest for the AA?

You should also look at size of paint you get usually and compare it to the barrel size. My friends J&J is not so good as my teardrop because he can't get larger paint and the J&J is a larger bore barrel.
I can attest for the All American - I have one and it's an awesome barrel. However, I have to say the J&J I got was extremely small bore and the only paint I used at the time that would fit was Dusk - and got barrel breaks quite a bit.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:28 AM
<<< And i do MO

Just get the J&J Ceramics, its a good barrel for the price, or you can listen to vike and 32* also a good barrel
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
I can attest for the All American - I have one and it's an awesome barrel. However, I have to say the J&J I got was extremely small bore and the only paint I used at the time that would fit was Dusk - and got barrel breaks quite a bit.
Thats really weird, because the xball I was using just rolled through my friends J&J, and heat well that even rolled through my teardrop... (xball is perfect for the teardrop)
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE