Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: Getting back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
LOL! I guess I understand what you're saying. I personally got into it for something different and challenging that would make me enjoy the game again. So far, it's doing a good job - it sure is tough, though!

I just hope that I get good enough with it that people will want to switch to pump around here and I won't be the only one anymore...I also want to be known as "the pump guy" at our field. That'd be kinda cool!
Yeah it's sometimes frustrating but when you do good it outweigh's the bad and is more rewarding imo.

Don't fret it'll happen. I remember this time last year I was the only pump player and now I promote/play in a series in Indiana which hopefully by next year will be a lot bigger. It just takes a little time.

JB.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
no it doesn't...it's the skill
The skill of the player has jack didilly to do with how well the marker was made. If you put two nelson based pumps side by side, they will operate the same and be generally the same. But if one is made better than the other its gonna be a better marker. The other one will have problems because of its lesser quality. I have no idea where you got the idea I was saying the marker will make you better.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Public Enemy #1

You are bringing up a totally mute point. No where in this topic did the players skill get brought up. It was a topic about markers. NOT about ANYTHING to do with skill. You don't want something thats lesser in quality and will run you into more problems, no matter how good you are at maintaining markers.

I have no idea where in the hell you pulled the skill from. It was nowhere in this thread. No one ever said ANYTHING about a marker making you a better player.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Resident *******

*sigh* Skill wasn't brought up. Quality of the marker is everything in the $40-55 range. You can pick up a Brass Eagle or Diablo pump that will break like no other, a pump that will last forever (SL68), or one in between. THAT is what this is about, not the skill. If you want to bring that up, please don't do it here as it is not the right time. Thanks.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Public Enemy #1

Back to the subject since we went way of course. Yes, quality means nothing in an unskilled person's hands, but I give the benefit of the doubt and assume he can take care of a marker. In that case he should have no problem with the marker as long as it isn't of lesser quality and breaks down out of his control. I've seen some cruddy pumps at the field, and no they weren't Brass Eagles. The thing is, I don't know which ones they were. Someone bigger into pumps would know that. I've had experience with Mavericks/Trracers and Phantoms. Beyond that I know little. Which is why I only share what I know. If indeed he has no idea how to take care of a marker, you're right, quality won't mean jack.

Edit: Dunkel, head on down the Pump Forums on here, and ask this question, you might find more answers.
Buy my gear! $500!

Last edited by timmyshoota : 06-19-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

w/e. Deleted all my posts in this thread. I'll be sending you a PM/AIM so we stop polluting the thread.

Last edited by druid : 06-19-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Formerly Dunkler Engel

thanks druid.

Feedback

My DeviantArt page
Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Resident *******

Just found this on eBay and thought of this thread and you.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 AM

Heh, I find it odd that no one has mentioned the new pump-action propane-powered Tippman. It's one of the few pumps you can buy brand new with a warrenty, and it's likely to become a landmark in paintball history in years to come. Plus, according to reports, you get quite a few more shots from your standard cheapass portable propane tank that you can get at any camping section of any major store.

Of course, it's a Tippman, and we all know Spyder and Tippy players don't really get along
Old 06-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I don't think the Tippman/Spyder war has much to do with that. I just think that for some reason, the propane thing isn't taking off as expected. Hardly anyone uses the gun, dispite the good reviews on it. Personally, I think it's because it's an ugly gun on top of being a pump marker which is the reason most don't even think about it. I could be wrong though...