Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2006, 04:52 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Wrath ltd vs. Ion

I'm curious to see what people prefer, the Wrath ltd, or the ion.

Try to stay away from saying stuff like "Ions ftl because they're stupid."

I'm curious only to hear preferance on operation, which one feels better to shoot? The Wrath comes with some better things like a clamping feedneck and the ubercool quick strip bolt. Both can run on anti-siphoned co2 etc.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-18-2006, 05:00 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

Default Re: Wrath ltd vs. Ion

Well, a friend of mine just bought one and he LOVES it.. He has shot 4-5 cases through it and he cleans and lubes it after every time he plays.. He lubes it will Tri-Flow and Dow 55...

I have shot it also, Very nice marker.. Has PSP ramping and Semi stock.. The barrel is ok, About like the stock ION barrel, but it is 14 inches instead of only 12 like on the ION..

The only thing about it is, that it wears out ball detents pretty quick.. After about 3 cases he had one of them wear down.. But he called NPS (manufactor of Diablo markers) and they sent him 8 pairs of detents for free.. So, he just replaces them as they wear out.. He runs a Reloader B also, So I bet with an Eggy, it wouldn't wear them out as fast..

Other than that, GREAT marker... The stock Reg is The same as a BL Torpedo on the inside.. It gets +/- 3-5 over the chrono Out of the box..

Throw a New On/off W/Rail and maybe a Barrel kit.. You are set!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

ah yes,we talked about this on aim
Old 06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Yeah, but I just said I wanted a wrath on AIM, I realized I shouldn't bias myself to Ions because everyone's got one. I wanna see what people's opinions are. Especially someone who has shot both and can give an accurate depiction of the advantages/disadvantages of both.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Resident *******

The only opinion you should be looking for in your choice of markers is yours. Go out and try both for yourself.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Indian

Wrath FTW.... The operation is a Half EP with a Spring return. Which is the only down side to wraths... Actuly they are the same operation as a T-1 spyder LOL. It has a Awesome stock board, eyes, nice feedneck, and is cheap.

Ions well i wouldnt suggest it but that is just becasue I do not like the way they feel in my hands.... Not a bad marker just has a crappy stock board, crappy stock feedneck, crappy stock barrel, crappy stock trigger, and a crappy ASA. other then that its a pretty nice marker stock.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Here's a bit of history 101 for ya!

The Wrath actually came in after Odyssey's attempt to replace the Dragun T1 (which The One kit for Spyders actually came from. Remember, the T1 came BEFORE the kit...and in my opinion, was a bit more superior than spyders with the kit installed - but I digress.) Odyssey also tried to clone other Dragun guns before WGP sued all "cocker" manufacturers, like Dragun, Odyssey and Psychobalistics, but then they sort of disappeared. I don't even know if they're still around, actually. They did improve upon the design by making it possible to run Co2 in their guns - there's a video somewhere of an Odyssey covered in ice from Co2 and when it thaws out, it's just fine...pretty cool!

Anyway, the Wrath came out shortly after the Ion to help fill in the gap in the mid level range, and I think, and shortly before the Promaster. It's actually funny, because people complained about the T1 saying it was worthless, just a low end Spyder clone with a crappy EP kit thrown in and not a "mid-level" gun, but then started snatching up the Wraths and Odysseys as soon as they hit the market.

The Odyssey - I can't remember which version - looked the same and had the exact same operation as the Dragun guns - all of the them....When they didn't become successful, and the Ion showed up, Diablo took the T1/Odyssey design, remilled the body, I believe stuck in a different solenoid with some kind of capacitor (I saw one the other day - it was a LOT different than my T1s were) and maybe a couple of changes and started selling it.

Unfortunately, the only Wraths I've seen have been plagued with problems right out of the box - but then that's only 2-3 total. The first few Ions I saw had problems as well, but were more easily fixed than the Wraths (they had to be returned or exchanged.)

Personally, I say try them both out and see which you really like and get that one!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Wrath LTD
Features:
* 20 balls per second cycling rate - electronic trigger
* Hoses inside the body, not exposed like other Wrath
* Vise grip feed neck
* Teflon bolt with O-rings for better seal
* Vertical foregrip regulator
* Custom 14" barrel
* High speed air-ram operation
* Dual break beam anti-chop eyes
* Autococker threads
* Takes one 9 volt battery (not included)
* Circuit board has ramping mode
* New milling

Things its also got: the sweet bolt which can be removed in less than 2 seconds.

Gotta say I love the way the green looks, plus the trigger and frame.
http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/...0&product=4238

Ion:
*17 balls per second semi-auto rate of fire with 3 shot burst, 10 bps full auto and our Rebound firing mode.
* Break-beam Vision Anti-Chop System Reliable and durable, the eyes are mounted on a separate board for perfect alignment and not affected by paint or body color. Just clean and replace (in minutes).
* A Featherweight Prizefighter At 2.2 pounds, the Ion is among the lightest high-end markers made, and it’s tube design imparts an ultra low profile.
* Reliability The Ion was engineered to stand up to the demands of professional players. It will outlast what used to be considered high-end and won't break down the minute you get it home.
* Improved Ball Detents Approximately 10 times the service life of current detents.
*Great Efficiency Expect a reliable 1000-1400 shots from a 68ci, 4500psi bottle without any modifications.
*Accuracy & Range The trademarks you expect from Smart Parts.
* Body Kits A first for paintball. High-quality aluminum internals are protected by composite shells, allowing you to instantly change the color or look of your body. Tired of blue? Switch to red. Or black. Or yellow. And there are more body styles in the works...
* Feed Tube with O-Ring Seals Fits a wider range of hoppers than most guns in this price range.
*Tools 1/8" Allen wrench is all you need for primary disassembly--and it’s included, along with trigger and velocity adjustment wrenches and a handy parts kit.
*Impulse Threads Take advantage of the barrels and feed tubes you may already have.

I'd go test em out, but the nearest field that I play at is an hour away, so I go only a few times a year. Of the shops, one I hate because the guys that run it are *******s and don't know anything, the other one isn't set up to let you do shooting in it.

The reason I shifted to seeing this instead of the T-1 is because it costs the same as it'd cost me to T-1 my imagine.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

ion, wrath is a dead end. theres no way to get rid of it, hardly any ups, etc.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:57 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
ion, wrath is a dead end. theres no way to get rid of it, hardly any ups, etc.
Then again, an Ion is pretty hard to get rid of also.