Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2006, 09:01 AM
New Guy

Default Red Dots That Can Fit On The Mr1:

RED DOTS THAT CAN FIT ON THE MR1:

I bought a $15 Barska 25mm red dot from Sportsmansguide.com

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=226282

then I bought some 30mm high weaver rings from ebay beacuse the rings that came were to low and got in the way of the top cocking bolt. you mount both rings on one end of the tube and it will fit! Total cost was under $30 including shipping.

I also got this red dot:

http://cdnn.powerfulhosting.com/prod.itml/icOid/5328 it's smaller (1" tube and 20mm optics and the included rings work to mount it. It can almost be mounted normally, (rings on both ends) but when the top cocking bolt comes forward it just hits the ring, it could probably be filed down. Cost was a little under $30 with shipping.

The Barska red dot has more illumination settings goes from 0-11 instead of 0-7. It is brighter at its max setting. With the higher mounts I could just see the dot while wearing my mask and using the stock. The smaller red dot is too low to be used with the mr1's stock with mask on.

One other red dot that looks interesting is this one by ncstar http://1shotscopes.com/osCommerce/ca...products_id=82
It's only 1.8" long so it would mount with no problem, but it would be very low so you would probably have to use a different stock or just take it off or maybe cut it down. Plus it's $90.

One last thing I haven't played with a red dot on in a game yet but I just practiced shooting some trees in my mom's backyard. I got the Barska red dot first and after I dialed it in I was hitting a fist sized spot on a tree over and over at 75 feet. farther away and sometimes the ball would curve a little . I am using the barrel it came with though. The 2nd red dot I got a week later and I had a hard time getting it dialed in, it seemed like there wasn't enough adjustments because the paintball kept hitting below the dot. I am thinking my CO2 was getting low so I'm gonna test it again today.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Red Dots That Can Fit On The Mr1:

Thanks for the post. I have heard that the MR1 has some difficulties with mounting sights due to the short rails.

One thought I had was that the weaver rings you posted look like it could allow you could mount the sight further back, OVER the cocking bolt. They have enough height and clearance, from what I can see, so that you could attach the rings in front of and behind the bolt.

Of course, I don't have my MR1 in front of me right now... I just vaguely remember the weaver grooves continuing through the bolt area and behind it as well... I could be wrong.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 AM

question:: does the MR1 have a 3/8 rail? iw as looking at this scope
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...on/index.shtml
or this one
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/117/

any responses on these?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

the MR1 has a 7/8 inch dovetail those won't work
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
New Guy

Can't really mount it over the bolt because u need that groove in the weaver mounting base. In front of the feed neck there is just enough room to mount a ring but you would have to cut a groove.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoka
Can't really mount it over the bolt because u need that groove in the weaver mounting base. In front of the feed neck there is just enough room to mount a ring but you would have to cut a groove.
Oh well, that sucks. I would prefer the look of having the sight closer to the back of the marker, but oh well.

I'm hoping to see that carry-handle / sight rail for the MR3 come out as an aftermarket item. That should allow us MR1 owners to mount sights with plenty of clearance for sighting in, even with masks on.

Thanks for showing us the psights nojoka. Let us know how well they work.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
Woodsball Canucklehead

Hey, Nojoka, thanks for showing how to use the rings to mount a scope. I'm gonna try that to mount a "helmet cam" on my MR1 so I can make videos of my games.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Hmm I have an NCstar 30mm red dot that cost me 40$, when I get the chance I'll see how it fits on my friends MR1.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 AM

Cool Re: Red Dots That Can Fit On The Mr1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoka

http://www.bp-usa.com/accessories.htm
Old 06-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilc
Ooh... VERY cool... anyone own one of these?