Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default Did You Know?

well it has came to my attentoin that i read on this one forum that a virtue board is not made from virtue.i repeat a virtue board is not made from virtue.ok heres the story.if u guys have ever heard of those "lucky boards" all virtue does is buy them.after that when virtue has the lucky boards in their hands they add the modes and the board's name for the gun.after that is done they spraypaint the board black and when it's done,whalla a virtue board{or a lucky board}.but i just wanted to tell u guys if u didn't know this that a virtue board is really a lucky board.and think about it lucky boards are a lot cheaper then the completed virtue board.so what i wanted to say is that virtue is basiclly tanking lucky boards and moding them into their own kinda boards.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

Default Re: Did You Know?

ROFL.. Noobs these days... Spray painted boards?!?!, Right...

You found this out because you were about to buy a Virtue board for your Pilot, right?

Someone help this kid..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I guess it's news to him that most electronics boards are made overseas for companies :eyeroll:
Old 06-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman15
well it has came to my attentoin that i read on this one forum that a virtue board is not made from virtue.i repeat a virtue board is not made from virtue.ok heres the story.if u guys have ever heard of those "lucky boards" all virtue does is buy them.after that when virtue has the lucky boards in their hands they add the modes and the board's name for the gun.after that is done they spraypaint the board black and when it's done,whalla a virtue board{or a lucky board}.but i just wanted to tell u guys if u didn't know this that a virtue board is really a lucky board.and think about it lucky boards are a lot cheaper then the completed virtue board.so what i wanted to say is that virtue is basiclly tanking lucky boards and moding them into their own kinda boards.
lol, spraypaint eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX
ROFL.. Noobs these days... Spray painted boards?!?!, Right...

You found this out because you were about to buy a Virtue board for your Pilot, right?

Someone help this kid..
well something like that!lol
Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You must have been reading BSNation again.....stop - it'll rot your mind. It's like holding a fart in - it moves up your spine, makes a nest in your brain and then all you get is ****ty thoughts...

My virtue board IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT black, or spray painted - it happens to be green and not spray painted green either. I hate the BS revolving around boards anymore, and the crap that forum has been spreading because the company did some advertising tactics that backfired is pure hypocritical - I mean, 90% of that board is false and scamming - now I know we have a PBN mod here, and I apologize to him right now, but that's how I feel. Unfortunately, I feel the urge to visit there at least once a day to see if I can learn anything new....it's a sickness! /rant

So, what's your proof of this, other than seeing it on another forum? Here's my take and it always has been - an aftermarket board is a board is a board....it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Give you various modes, some legal, others just for fun. I absolutely HATE the board vs board crap....
Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Public Enemy #1

This post he read is about Ego boards. And it seems reasonable.

Here's what it is: Lucky makes the boards, sells them to Virtue who puts their DM chip into it. The boards Lucky makes for themselves are white, while the Virtue boards are black. Lucky makes money from both their sales, and selling the boards to Virtue and Virtue saves money on research. Makes plenty of sense, the thread starter just butchered what was said in the thread. I'll dig it up.

Here you go: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1589373
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

I spoke w/the Virtue guy at the World Cup last year and asked if they were ever going to release a Spyder board and he said he was in contact with Damon about programming it but had no luck getting him to do it yet at that time. I was thinking, WTF kinda foo would program a board for a competitor and cut his own sales(throat) in the process? -

Wasn't it Virtue that had their own people go on PBN and dis other boards and say that the Virtue boards were superior and got caught at it because they weren't bright enough to do it from a remote computer away from their company? lol -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
I spoke w/the Virtue guy at the World Cup last year and asked if they were ever going to release a Spyder board and he said he was in contact with Damon about programming it but had no luck getting him to do it yet at that time. I was thinking, WTF kinda foo would program a board for a competitor and cut his own sales(throat) in the process? -

Wasn't it Virtue that had their own people go on PBN and dis other boards and say that the Virtue boards were superior and got caught at it because they weren't bright enough to do it from a remote computer away from their company? lol -
YOU WERE AT WORLD CUP AND WE DIDNT GET TO MEET?!?!

Yeah, Lucky is in a different position than Scenario Dreams. While SD pretty much has the market, Lucky has a different segment of the market, so selling to Virtue along with selling their own makes them money on both ends.

And yes, that was Virtue that did that, which is why they are banned from PBN.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
Yeah, Lucky is in a different position than Scenario Dreams. While SD pretty much has the market, Lucky has a different segment of the market, so selling to Virtue along with selling their own makes them money on both ends.

And yes, that was Virtue that did that, which is why they are banned from PBN.
Not necessarily. The stage 4 will utilize DM4/5/C chips...but not necessarily a Virtue chip. Aaron does sell the Virtue DM chip on his website...but also sells a Code X and the Rocky Knuth NOX chip as well. The unique thing about the S4 will be the noid. According to Aaron, it's going to be a "more robust" (handle higher ROF??) creation and it's being made as we speak (this I know from an email I recieved as one of his mods)

...and Virtue is also banned from PBReview as well....