Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: I have a MAJOR leak....

its probably a small oring, with some pinch in it, look at the manifold where there are sealing rings and check to see if they are rounded in a ring and rounded in a tube. you are just looking for snags or pinches/scratches. i doubt it is the noid.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Ok, I got the leak fixed - had the endcap on the solenoid upside down! Same dang thing I did with my T1 solenoid but I honestly thought I was doing what ZDS was saying to do - I must have misunderstood it for some reason because I actually MADE sure I put the endcap back the way I did (although it was wrong.)

Thanks to a post on Shockerowners.com. (All the posts here were helpful as well, so thanks for those!)

Now - I can't get the solenoid to actually fire the gun. Board is fine, microswitch is fine, just can't get the solenoid to click. I'm HOPING that it's just the wiring harness which I ordered today - hope it gets here by Friday. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna have to get a new solenoid - 125.00 from punisher's....YIKES!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Ok, I got the leak fixed - had the endcap on the solenoid upside down! Same dang thing I did with my T1 solenoid but I honestly thought I was doing what ZDS was saying to do - I must have misunderstood it for some reason because I actually MADE sure I put the endcap back the way I did (although it was wrong.)

Thanks to a post on Shockerowners.com. (All the posts here were helpful as well, so thanks for those!)

Now - I can't get the solenoid to actually fire the gun. Board is fine, microswitch is fine, just can't get the solenoid to click. I'm HOPING that it's just the wiring harness which I ordered today - hope it gets here by Friday. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna have to get a new solenoid - 125.00 from punisher's....YIKES!
smooth... did you try making sure the solenoid isnt put together wrong?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's together correctly - there's not much you can do to it to put it back incorrectly - other than turning the endcap over, that is.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's together correctly - there's not much you can do to it to put it back incorrectly - other than turning the endcap over, that is.
on the harness, are wires messed up, can you visibly tell, or do you just assume thats it?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The wires don't LOOK messed up, but it's the cheapest and easiest option to start with, financially. I already took the noid apart and checked everything and I checked the microswitch and the batteries - after the wire harness, the only problems left to check are noid problems - as in having to get a new one.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Public Enemy #1

Can you push the button on the solenoid to cycle the solenoid?

Edit: Now that I said that I can't even remember if you can see the button the solenoid on Shockers. Stupid upper board might be in the way.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

There's a button just under the upper board - I thought it was like a reset button or something like that. I pressed it, but nothing happened. Still not actuating. I'm going to take the solenoid off tomorrow, along with the board and go buy a new battery to see if I can get it to work.

This is pretty frustrating - and starting to look like another 100.00 in the gun!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Just an update!

Well, after nearly 3 weeks and spending nearly $170.00 dollars, I finally got the ol' girl working again! Brand new solenoid, brand new upper board, brand new wiring harness, brand new orings, brand new batteries, brand new trigger, brand new detents, brand new frame screws....it's like she's a brand new gun!

The new solenoid is a Humphrey noid, though. I had a Parker noid previously. Guess I better check it out so I don't ruin it!