Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
New Guy

Default Question Thingy

Hey everyone, I'm here with a quick question concerning going LP with a Spyder Sonix. I've read Otter's guide and a ton of information he has there on spyders, and am determined to convert my sonix into a LP gun. But before I go through, I just have a few questions I thought the more experienced guys would know...

My gun so far is stock aside from a new barrel, a CheckIt 15 Degrees Assault Block, and a Bob Long Torpedo reg. From reading Otter's guide, it appears that I still need to get a better striker, a Valve, and a Bolt.

And from pbreview.com I've seen that the installation of the AKALMP Lightning Bolt could be quite tedious and require knowledge of basic drilling and stuff, which I have no idea how to do..

So the question is just if I'd be able to install a AKALMP Lightning Bolt into the Sonix, how, and has anyone else converted their sonix into LP?

Thanks for your time
Old 06-17-2006, 06:06 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Question Thingy

Bring
Up
My
Anyone?

Not
Allowed
To bump posts
Outside salles section

warning #1 from nato
Old 06-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I converted my old style Sonix to LP, but I don't know anything about the Lightning Bolt. Honestly, I used my stock striker and bolt, just sanded and polished and removed the venturi in the bolt.

You definitely need a different valve in there though. Don't forget, you're gonna need a spring kit as well so you can fine tune that baby.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:55 AM
ECLIPSE FTW

Yeah, Vike Has hit it on the head... I wouldn't even get a Striker or a bolt... I would just get a valve and a spring kit.. NDZ valves are only 23 bucks on paintballgear.com and 32 degrees spring kits can be found on Ebay for 6-9 bucks..

You can just do the Poor Man's lightening bolt mod to your stock bolt and polish your striker.. Poke around Otter's site some more and it tells you how to do the Poor Mans mod and how to polish your stiker..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I converted my old sonix by just polishing the stock internals and adding the Assault block and Torp reg. Got down to 300 psi. Try that first.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Yup - exactly what I did with mine. Those three things made it low pressure, the rocket valve and spring kit got it lower and fine tuned it.