Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro

Default Re: MR2 Chopping Problems

Try oil it? Check the velocity? Maybe the wrong paintball? Broken the ACS spring? Your hopper is to slow?

I don't really understand I have no chopping problems I only chop when the velocity is to high because even tho the acs has a spring to stop the chop it hits the ball so hard that it breaks the ball in the feedneck.
That's why you might experience chop at high velocity.

Well the only thing I can say is check the O-ring on the striker/hammer and oil the whole marker. It worked for me
Old 06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
MR2 Owner

I don't know why, but my MR2 chopped when I first got it a few times, but ever since, it has functioned very well. Mine came with the black detents too. I think the springs in it are extremely tight in the ACS and the striker. It is mere speculation, but I think the breaking in of my springs did the trick.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbinder
I don't know why, but my MR2 chopped when I first got it a few times, but ever since, it has functioned very well. Mine came with the black detents too. I think the springs in it are extremely tight in the ACS and the striker. It is mere speculation, but I think the breaking in of my springs did the trick.
Strangely enough, after using my MR2 a few times, this past weekend it has peformed pretty well! I used good grade paint (RPS Big Balls, $40 a case or so). I had no chops except for when I went crazy doing 14BPS in Semi, but I didn't care since most of my problems disappeared! Take note, I did change my stock BLACK detent to a Timmy detent, which was somewhat tougher, it may or may not have helped. The old black detent was still in fine condition.

My problems of random chops disappearing, recocking issues disappeared, and I couldn't be happier! I think I'll mess around with it a bit more til I can get it to stop chopping all together, since it did it after I finished going wild in semi.

VERY happy!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:14 AM
New Guy

*chuckles* man I already fixed all that stuff. read the posts. I dont know what the deal is with my MR2. I have already gotten ahold of an SP8 anyway, and it outperforms it in every way shape and form. besides I still use my MR1 thats all decked out. im starting to think there is no help for the MR2
Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_graves
*chuckles* man I already fixed all that stuff. read the posts. I dont know what the deal is with my MR2. I have already gotten ahold of an SP8 anyway, and it outperforms it in every way shape and form. besides I still use my MR1 thats all decked out. im starting to think there is no help for the MR2
Yeah but the odd thing is my problems are gone, and I have no idea why. May be it was the tougher paint.

How much is the SP8?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:12 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

400$

And SPC_graves, did you ever try using the correct detents, not a custom one?

The last thing I'd suggest would be to get a delrin bolt w/ o-rings for it (not a bolt you made for yourself..)
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
400$

And SPC_graves, did you ever try using the correct detents, not a custom one?

The last thing I'd suggest would be to get a delrin bolt w/ o-rings for it (not a bolt you made for yourself..)
Yikes, that's alot. and IMO the SP8s are ugly. THat's just too mil-sim for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I now see how redundant this name is......

i was looking at an SP8 for an upgrade from my MR1, but that is alot of money i dont have. jobless jr high students dont tend to get a lot of money.

its amazing how 'no' is the same in so many languages, but its the one word so few people can understand.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:40 AM
fat boy

my mr2 chopped balls faster than a chinese ninja thief but if i use it slow (wich isnt why i bought it)it works so im going to get a q loader and see how well that works