Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 PM
One Shot, One Kill, Who needs auto?

Default Marker

I have about $300 to spend on a marker, its actually about $700 but i need a tank and hopper. What do you guys recomend?
Im thinking about an ion, but do you have any other suggestions?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm Back!

Default Re: Marker

Besides not spending $400 on a tank and loader?! Really there are too many options for me to just throw things out, so how about you tell us all the markers you were thinking of and we go from there?

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
One Shot, One Kill, Who needs auto?

well, ok ur right, its more 320 for tank and loader.
Thats a 68/45 and a vlocity. However, i cant decide where i might get the halo b instead. Ive heard they are kinda ugly, but perform well, and thats what counts. Im particuarly interested in the ion, and i test fired one today, and i was pretty sweet. My friend is looking into a cocker trilogy, so that is another option.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Blood...... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by divvichild
well, ok ur right, its more 320 for tank and loader.
Thats a 68/45 and a vlocity. However, i cant decide where i might get the halo b instead. Ive heard they are kinda ugly, but perform well, and thats what counts. Im particuarly interested in the ion, and i test fired one today, and i was pretty sweet. My friend is looking into a cocker trilogy, so that is another option.
Also check out ICD's Promaster or Bushmaster, also Diablo Wrath as well as the autocockers like you mentioned. I would go with the Halo-B for the loader.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:13 AM
ECLIPSE FTW

Yea, and Trilogys and IONS do NOT compare, AT ALL... I say an ION or a Promaster.. both are wonderful guns..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 06-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divvichild
However, i cant decide where i might get the halo b instead. Ive heard they are kinda ugly, but perform well, and thats what counts.
Never heard of the Halo being called ugly before, especially when being compared to the Vlocity! Seems like only last month everyone was calling the Vlocity a big piece of ugly plastic....how fast everything changes!

Personally, if I were on a strict budget and needed a tank and loader plus the gun, I'd go with the Ion. I'm not a fan of the Ion, but I don't hate them either. It's just that you can buy them brand new for less than 200.00 now, and used for close to 100.00. The promaster, last I looked, was closer to 400.00 new (not sure what they are now, though.)

1. Buy a used Reloader B, Halo B, or z boarded Eggy (it's fast enough for the Ion and Promaster, and fast enough for most people's fingers whether they admit it or not.) 30.00 - 100.00

2. Used 68/3000 tank - probably 70.00 - 120.00 for a carbon fiber tank, much less for used steel. Unless you really need carbon fiber (for lightness) go with a 68/3000 steel tank.

3. Used stock Ion, around 100.00 - 150.00.

Total for complete package = 200.00 - 370.00.

Just guessing on the numbers, but I think that's pretty close and your dollar amount falls right in that area.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Indian

Humm you could aways buy a Upped dm4 off pbn for the 350-400 mark.... Which i would say is a mighty large upgrade from an Ion.. get your self a used carbon tank and a used upped halo b.... that would range for about 700...

I would much rather have DM over a Ion.... but thats just me

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
ECLIPSE FTW

Vike has a good point, But, if you find an ION for 140 all stock used.. I would still get one new for 180 on orderpaintball.. Just becasue you don't always know what people have done to used markers..

And yes, even the 68/3000 fiber wrapped tanks are very cheap.. I picked one up earlier this year for only 100 shipped, and it was a Crossfire and had 2 years left on the Hydro.. Look around for a couple days on PBN and you are bound to find one..

As for loaders.. I just got a Reloader B and I could not be ANY happier.. It is awesome.. Never skips a beat and feeds hella fast..

So, 180 for ION, 140 for Reloader B, and Say 120 for a used 68/3000 tank..

That is around 440-450.. And you could always save some money and get a Halo B.. 105 instead of the Reloader B at 140.. So, all in all, around 400-450 would get you a brand new ION and a brand new Loader and then a pretty decent used tank.. 68/3000 tanks on ION's will get about 700-800 shots..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

yeah, im with Chubbs, get a matrix. you can get a nice proto or DM4 for around 400, or a DM3 for 300. any of them will perform much better than an ion IMO.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Has Been

a friend of mine is selling an ion, if your interested in one Let Me Know by pm.....he could prolly add on a tank and a loader for 400-500

but IMHO go with a used DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.