Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006, 02:17 AM
MR2 Owner

Default Re: How to Mod ACS Bolt?

If I'm understanding what Nexton is saying, it should be easily reversable. Probably self explanatory once you do it.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbinder
Nex is talking about the thing that you can pull out from the rear of your gun if you take the sight rail and the cocker off. It's white plastic, has a spring inside and a nub off the top and bottom, one smaller than the other. There is a bolt that your black allen wrench fits in on the piece that the nubs are on. Personally, I have no need of disabling. I have a Viewloader VLocity like "breakxeggs" has on his MR2 and I have no chopping problems. Sorry I have no pic for ya.
You don't need to remove the sight rail nor the cocker to get the bolt out man...that's way, way, way too much work, just pull the pin, cock it, and kinda shake it out.

EDITED: for some odd spellings

Last edited by new_Faction64 : 06-07-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
MR2 Owner

Hey, that will save me allot of time, thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
New Guy

I found the piece you guys were referring to and made some adjustments. I turned the allen wrench counter clockwise a few turns but it felt like it was stripped more than anything. I will play this Saturday and let you know if that resolved my problems. Thanks again
Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
I found the piece you guys were referring to and made some adjustments. I turned the allen wrench counter clockwise a few turns but it felt like it was stripped more than anything. I will play this Saturday and let you know if that resolved my problems. Thanks again
Counter-clock? I haven't looked at it myself, but did that tighten it or loosen it? Is it some sort of latching mechanism (pin through hole thing), or does it stop the mechanism via a screw putting pressure on something?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 PM
New Guy

It felt like it was releasing pressure somewhere. I can't tell you if it did anything as I am out of air until Saturday.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
It felt like it was releasing pressure somewhere. I can't tell you if it did anything as I am out of air until Saturday.
Try manually moving the spring mechanism
Old 06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
MR2 Owner

I tried to break down my ACS bolt, just for thorough cleaning purposed, that allen bolt on there was insanely tight. So tight in fact, that for fear of stripping it, I let it be, it wasn't really dirty anyway.
By the way, I always leave my sightrail off anyway, so I don't have to take it off. However, I tried the "jiggle" thing, and it did not work. The ACS bolt does not "jiggle" out on my gun. Wish it would, but no.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:12 PM
.68 Caliber Killer

Quote:
I tried to break down my ACS bolt, just for thorough cleaning purposed, that allen bolt on there was insanely tight. So tight in fact, that for fear of stripping it, I let it be, it wasn't really dirty anyway.
By the way, I always leave my sightrail off anyway, so I don't have to take it off. However, I tried the "jiggle" thing, and it did not work. The ACS bolt does not "jiggle" out on my gun. Wish it would, but no.
It's only on tight because it's glued in with red loc-tite, it will break open once you turn it counter-clockwise. Just re-tighten it back in afterwards, or loc-tite it back if you wish.

Also, try jiggling your gun and pulling the trigger while the gun is on with the barrel pointing upwards. It should fall right out.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Well it's more of a hard yank, you hold the gun so the barrel is pointing up, and have the gun cocked (NO AIR), and yank the gun up, so the bolt will come down through the holes in back. It's what I do at least.