Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Spyder Addict

Default How to Mod ACS Bolt?

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost...1&postcount=31

Read the thread above, this guy talks of how he fixed his MR2 double feed problems. One item was he modded his ACS bolt to disable the ACS mechanism, because he suspected it of making the bolt fly back too far, causing two balls to feed in at once.

I myself have a faster loader too (Ricochet Apache 17+ BPS), and I keep having a chopping/double feed problem, I have the correct detents in. I tried PMing that guy, but have gotten no response. Does anyone have any ideas on how to mod the ACS bolt?

Pretty lousy knowing I'm going to need to void my 1-year warrenty because of Kingman's stupid ACS bolt...and also too bad their tech/customer support SUCKS.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Pro

Default Re: How to Mod ACS Bolt?

Kingman is totaly aware of this problem. And you have an "on/off" option on the acs bolt so if your hopper is loading more then 18bps you will have no problem with chopping or that kinda thing so you can disable the bolt. You just take out the ACS and use your black allen key that you got with your mr2.
And find the one and only spot where you can use it and twist it around sometimes and then you have disabled the acs bolt.

Don't disable it if you don't have a fast hopper. A standard egg(like) me is not a good idea to disable it for.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextoN
Kingman is totaly aware of this problem. And you have an "on/off" option on the acs bolt so if your hopper is loading more then 18bps you will have no problem with chopping or that kinda thing so you can disable the bolt. You just take out the ACS and use your black allen key that you got with your mr2.
And find the one and only spot where you can use it and twist it around sometimes and then you have disabled the acs bolt.

Don't disable it if you don't have a fast hopper. A standard egg(like) me is not a good idea to disable it for.
Awesome! Thanks so much Nexton, I'm so glad to know that there is a REAL solution to this problem! I'm phsyced to get my hands back on my MR2 next weekend.

I'm also curious if disabling the ACS will solve my recocking problem also.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:13 PM
New Guy

Can someone post pictures of this process as I am a complete newb? Thanks
Old 06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
MR2 Owner

Nex is talking about the thing that you can pull out from the rear of your gun if you take the sight rail and the cocker off. It's white plastic, has a spring inside and a nub off the top and bottom, one smaller than the other. There is a bolt that your black allen wrench fits in on the piece that the nubs are on. Personally, I have no need of disabling. I have a Viewloader VLocity like "breakxeggs" has on his MR2 and I have no chopping problems. Sorry I have no pic for ya.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Kadillak Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbinder
Nex is talking about the thing that you can pull out from the rear of your gun if you take the sight rail and the cocker off. It's white plastic, has a spring inside and a nub off the top and bottom, one smaller than the other. There is a bolt that your black allen wrench fits in on the piece that the nubs are on. Personally, I have no need of disabling. I have a Viewloader VLocity like "breakxeggs" has on his MR2 and I have no chopping problems. Sorry I have no pic for ya.

hows that hopper working out for you? I love it SO much!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
MR2 Owner

My hopper works great. No problems to mention. I love it.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Kadillak Killa

sucks about how much it is though... I payed 130 for mine.. but in retrospect its well worth the money and I'm very happy about my purchase.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:08 PM
MR2 Owner

Exactly, I payed roughly the same for mine, but if you figure the time it saves you from having to clean your marker between sets, it's well worth it.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
New Guy

I have Halo B and I did break a few balls on Sunday and also experienced double feed. I only use semi when I play and would like to try this mod and see what happens. Is there anyway to reverse if I do try it?