Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 03:14 AM
<- Is It Dead??

imo angels are useless with ACE so id get that asap, from my experience there too fast NOT to have ACE on there. i never really liked any of the angels i used tho, hope you have better luck with this vike.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Whoooo Hoooo! First pic!

very nice there bub
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Banned

I liked my 04 Speed I had. Only thing I didn't like was the Sensi crap. I just turned it off and set my ROF to something under the loader speed, so I wouldn't chop. I used a Yeggy, and never chopped with it st at 15bps, and thats plenty. If I got an "older" Angel, it would be a IR3 Fly, and I'd throw a 05 *45 Frame on it. I saw a Rasta Fly with one and it looked sweet.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

So, that answers another question I had about chopping and eyes. I use my Reloader B on second setting, so if I find out what actual speed that is, I can physically set the ROF on the board this gun has to something lower than that, and I should be ok? Anyone know off hand what the cap is on this gun?

Comes today! Whooot! I'm so excited!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:43 AM
10/19/03

Great deal you got there, with eyes it will be pimpin!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 AM
ElAsesino

wow its so hot
Old 12-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Well, I got it today! And, I'm thinking it was an ok deal, not super great, but ok.

First thing I noticed is that this thing has been used - quite a bit! It had several scratches and dings in it - probably because it's dust coated...But it had dirt in just about every nook and cranny. That doesn't sit well with me, since my guns are always gleaming. 2nd thing I noticed is that I was spoiled with the weight of the shocker. This was a bit heavier. Nothing serious, just noticeable.

I had to charge it, because it was completely dead. When I finally figured out how to do it, I got it going - had to charge in my car, because it only has a car charger. No worries, though! Took 4 hours to get a complete charge. In the meantime, I went out to find some snap ring pliers to work on the mini-reg, and a strap wrench to take the feedneck off.

When I got home, I did the minireg mod, which DID NOT work. I can't get the thing lower than 325 fps. Grrrrrrrrrrr....so it looks like I'll be ordering a tank from Durrell soon!

Next thing I noticed was the feedneck. It wasn't in tight, and I noticed it looked glued in. Uh oh! First thought, stripped threads. Now, were they stripped on the feed neck or the gun? I can't even get it started into the gun, and when I look at the threads on the feedneck, they look like they've been mashed down. My wife thinks it looks pretty stripped, however, I talked to the previous owner, and he says they aren't - but in his defense, he's very willing to work with me on this. Since the threads in the gun look ok, looks like Durrell is getting some more of my money!

After all that, I spent about an hour cleaning it up and using the Anno Stick (Black Sharpie - blame dre - he came up with it and I stole it from him! LOL!) So now it looks up to my standards somewhat...Looks really good!

Interesting, the Opto trigger. It has a funky feel, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. The thing does rip - and that's while holding onto my hopper/feedneck with one hand. I'm going to hold off on the pics until I get the parts I'm ordering. That way, it'll be set up just perfect!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

vik did you mess with any settings as to have it chrono lower?

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

No, I was a little nervous without knowing exactly what was what yet with the gun. I suppose I could lower the dwell a little. But to get it that much slower, I'd probably have to lower it WAY down... But as far as any other settings to affect speed, I think that's about all there is. I have modes, which is bps (I think), battery, dwell and Sensi. Then there's this s-level indicator that never lights up, so i assume it's not anything on this gun.

I haven't completely gone through the manual yet (it's 46 pages long, for crying out loud!) So good thing there's pictures!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned

The manuals are very nice, read through it.

Try these settings:

LPR - 70psi
Dwell - 12
HPR - set it for FPS.

The gun is capped at 31 with Sensi on, 21 with it off I believe. I'd turn it off and set the ROF at 17bps. That should get you no chops and plenty of speed.