Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Accessories & Add-Ons
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2006, 09:54 PM
New Guy

Default recoil problems

hey all you veterans riddle me this? you all helped on my spring problems but i have another problem I'm running the heavy spring on the main and the stock on the valve will this cause a heavy recoil, and if it does should i put the medium spring (stock) and change the valve spring to a different one . i had to change my main to get my fps up witch is fine now but my barrel keeps coming loose when I'm shooting it darn marker feels like a jack hammer. I'm running co2 if that matters(cant afford the compressed air yet) thanks in advance for any help with my problems
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: recoil problems

You are shooting an HP marker, get used to the recoil. It just comes with the territory no matter what spring combo you use. Springs are only good for making velocity adaptations in your case. HPA will make no difference in recoil either -

Barrel keeps coming loose because you have no o-ring on it perhaps? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
New Guy

thanks dragon for the info, ill just suck it up and live with it (FOR NOW), and i do have a o-ring on the barrel. so the low pressure conversion will help with the recoil?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:54 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Let's just say when people shoot my Spyder they can't beleive it is, a Spyder. Some people convert and ***** that they are either having probs, don't know how to tune it correctly, don't realize they actually should know why they're adding something or modding certain parts, throw a ton of money into a bunch of mismatched parts and mods and wonder why it's not working out(especially the ones that throw everything on all at one time), expect their LP Spyder to work the same as someone elses and try to duplicate tuning when they have a completely different setup, yadda yadda yadda .............and then some actually have the nerve to say Spyder's suck lol. In total denial that their brain is actually the thing that sucks because they have no idea.........hee hee -

Will it help with recoil? Mine has very little, is very quiet, great efficiency and performs beautifully. Can yours? Hell ya if you just take the time to completely understand what and why you're doing things. Add just 1 or 2 parts and/or mods at a time, tune it and understand what you have done. Continue doing so till you get it to where you want it. Most importantly, don't scrimp on the reg and valve. Don't take things to extremes. Most cases, more this and less that to extremes isn't always better -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
New Guy

your a wealth of knowledge thanks again