Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 AM

Smile Important!

Hey guys, I was thinking of getting the mr1 to have along with my rodeo but before I buy it i wanted to know what the Anti Double Feed Ball Detents is?
thanx
kies->
Old 05-28-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Important!

It is a little rubber finger that keeps more than one ball from trying to feed at the same time.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Spyder Addict

Frat is correct, I'm not sure if the Rodeo has it like my TL-R, but on other Spyder guns it may be a metal ball bearing, which does the exact same thing.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_Faction64
...which does the exact same thing.
The exact same thing without ever wearing down or getting sheared off by the bolt.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilc
The exact same thing without ever wearing down or getting sheared off by the bolt.
Actually, YES, but also there is a big advantage that I found from the rubber detent.

There is a space in the ACS bolt for the detent so as the bolt moves forward, the detent goes untouched. Whereas with the ball-bearing detent on my TL-R, it moves back into a recess as the bolt pushes past it.

What I'm saying is there is contact between the detent and bolt w/ the ball bearing on my TL-R, and no contact of the bolt and rubber detent on the MR2. I'm not entirely sure if this is better, but there is contact and perhaps wear being made on the bolt that's being hit by the ball-bearing detent.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Woodsball Canucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_Faction64
Actually, YES, but also there is a big advantage that I found from the rubber detent.

There is a space in the ACS bolt for the detent so as the bolt moves forward, the detent goes untouched. Whereas with the ball-bearing detent on my TL-R, it moves back into a recess as the bolt pushes past it.

What I'm saying is there is contact between the detent and bolt w/ the ball bearing on my TL-R, and no contact of the bolt and rubber detent on the MR2. I'm not entirely sure if this is better, but there is contact and perhaps wear being made on the bolt that's being hit by the ball-bearing detent.
So THAT's what that space is for on the bolt! I was very curious how important it was not to install the bolt upside-down.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I personally hate those little rubber things. They wear down, or get sheared in like no time at all, especially if you shoot a lot of paint. I was going through them every 5 days. When I bought my wifes Victor, it had that ball bearing which was TONS better. Believe it or not, there isn't any wear on the bolt from that ball.

IMO ball bearing (metal or delrin) is MUCH better than timmy style detents...Kila makes some magnetic ones that seem very promising. Wonder if they'll fit the MR series???
Old 05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
I personally hate those little rubber things. They wear down, or get sheared in like no time at all, especially if you shoot a lot of paint. I was going through them every 5 days. When I bought my wifes Victor, it had that ball bearing which was TONS better. Believe it or not, there isn't any wear on the bolt from that ball.

IMO ball bearing (metal or delrin) is MUCH better than timmy style detents...Kila makes some magnetic ones that seem very promising. Wonder if they'll fit the MR series???
Good points Viking, nearly forgot about the balls themselves, DOH! Hmm, now I'd also like to know if there is a way to get a different detent in there.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Woodsball Canucklehead

Somewhere on the net there are instructions on making your own detente for the MR1 out of a piece of spring.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:07 PM

do u need them on there or does it just work better with the detent