Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Hehehe!

The link was from SCP, but I wasn't meaning to say that all pumpers are straight up ballers all the time - it's just where I found the link. I think the problem has become more universal and the more new players come in, the more cheaters we'll see, and not just wiping. With almost 10 million people playing a couple years ago, I seriously think that it is "breeding like rabbits" as Timmyshoota said before.

My goal for this thread was to get a little controversial and see what different (or same) opinions it would generate. While it's not growing fast, I think it's a decent thread.

Wonder what would happen if I threw in ramping vs non ramping!
*ducks the barrage coming!*
Old 05-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Fluent in Stroll

theres been enough ramping threads

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
The link was from SCP, but I wasn't meaning to say that all pumpers are straight up ballers all the time
I figured you wasn't I just wanted anybody that read through the scp post's not too think all people who play pump are that honest. Nothing against any of them as I've met quite a few but some of there opinion's are one sided as they haven't experienced the tourney scene so you just have to take there opinion as that just an opinion.

Lol there are nppl/wpl player's on scp and it's funny cause they alway's steer clear of those kind of post's!

JB.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota
I wipe. So I guess I'm a cheater.
In many peoples eyes (certainly mine) you are. Your own admission proves that you have no ethics or at the very least...don't care.
I play sometimes with guys from a D1 NPPL team. They've taught us plenty of techniques for wiping. I don't wipe an obvious hit, because thats asking for a penalty.
So...using that mentality, it's ok to speed, drive drunk, do illegal narcotics, rape, pillage and maim...so-long as you don't get caught or when it's obvious?
I've learned tricks for getting away with it. Does it make it right? No, but sometimes winning is the important thing.
Spoken like a true, corporate robot. Winning is a result of using skill, poise, precision, audacity, strength and wit to defeat the opponent. If all you care about is winning, it's no longer a game it's a chore. Let's not forget about what we're talking about here...it's the sponsors. They could give two ****s about you, they only care about selling their products and making money. A losing team is a tax write-off to them which doesn't get them as much as profitable sales. Your 'win-at-all-costs' mentality is driven by fear and greed. Fear of losing the sponsor, because of their greed.
If I could play everygame and not have to worry about someone playing on and costing us a win, or someone wiping against us, I'd probably play clean too. You get pretty agrivated when you pay a lot of money to get into a tourney and then lose important games because of cheating.
Which you, by your admission, help to perpetuate.
Last year at world cup I wiped a hit but noticed the ref looking at me, so I called myself out before he could pull a penalty.
aww...got caught...you get no sympathies from me...sorry.
That game we lost because someone on the other team played on the entire game with obvious hits.
which should have been brought to the ultimate ref's attention by an outed player RIGHT AWAY...not at the end of the game
Then after the game the refs messed it up and didn't pull enough people, so they still had one guy on the field, and gave them the points for pull and hang. Instead of a tie, we lost by a ~50 points. We were seeded like 50th out of 137 teams going into the second day. The points we lost that match by would of put us down near the cutoff and given us a good chance at moving on. We ended up getting rolled the second day, but had we played good we would of probably ended up just outside the cut for the semis, all because of that one game. Cheating breeds cheating, and its breeding like rabbits.
Only because you, and people like you, help to perpetuate it. Congrats...you have become the thing you hate most.
There's no way to really stop it now. Only way to really stop it is making it an automatic forfeit of the game and the other team gets max points. That should slow it down some.
I completely agree with the last sentiment about the forfeit. It should be implemented immediately and unconditionally. Lasoya would never play again....

It really bugs me that this mentality of "well...they do it, so I will too" - is as pervasive as cancer
Old 05-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
I completely agree with the last sentiment about the forfeit. It should be implemented immediately and unconditionally. Lasoya would never play again....

It really bugs me that this mentality of "well...they do it, so I will too" - is as pervasive as cancer
Lemme guess...rec baller? Thanks. I don't put money into this sport just to lose it to cheating. If thats whats required to win then thats what I'm gonna do. If all I was, was a recballer it'd be a totally different story. If I have to cheat to beat cheaters, than thats what I do.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Lemme guess...rec baller? Thanks. I don't put money into this sport just to lose it to cheating. If thats whats required to win then thats what I'm gonna do. If all I was, was a recballer it'd be a totally different story. If I have to cheat to beat cheaters, than thats what I do.
Lemme guess...doesn't matter? If you play in an illegal, immoral or unethical manner for the sole purpose of winning, pick another activity like Tiddley-Winks because no one in the world likes a cheater. And I suppose you are one, like many, who want to see paintball in the Olympics. Great representation of the US...thanks for wanting to make us look like a bunch of cheese-heads...
You guys do it and the noobs see it. They do it and cycle just continues. Everyone was so upset when Pete Rose got bounced because he was an 'American Icon'...big frikkin whoop....he did illegal drugs, gambled against his own team and then lied about it. He deserved everything he got and should have been punished more.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
<- Is It Dead??

wiping, its cheating, thats why its punished harder than a typical "foul"

playing on, bonus balling, blind shooting, etc those are fouls and there punished by a 1 for 1 usually, wiping is a 3 for 1 minimum, sometimes worse.

now do i ever wipe, yeah i do, i admit it. do i wipe in rec play, hell no thats lame, just walk off you'll be playing next round anyway... what are you trying to prove?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:22 PM
You will respect my authoritaaah!! Cut your halo feedneck!!!

Druid compared cheatign and getting away with it to rape, pillaging and maiming and getting away with it. Now how can you compare these?? If you cheat and get caught, its a penalty, not life in prison.

Its gonna happen, isa it bad for the sport, sure. Is it as extreme as some of you make it out to be, NO. Yeah it happens especially among tourney ballers, but its a lot easier to say that "I WON'T CHEAT, EVER" When refs aren't screwing calls and you don't need to make the semis. Cause trust me, it doesn;t feel good leaving a tourney at 1:00 instead of 4:00.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:36 PM
(spyderkid946)

Quote:
personally, what timmyshoota said in his other long post was what i was trying to say i just couldnt get it out, and was lazy and didnt feel like typing it. i agree with what he said.
anyway after i had typed my first post i went to the polls and started a poll about who here actually plays in tournys link. because as timmyshoota stated its not rec ball, its really different. so as of right now give or take a few people, 9 people play tourny ball and 17 rec. what im getting at here is that "most" of you dont know how it feels to spend 300$ to get into a tourny plus paint, and then lose because the other team played on or wiped or cheated in anyway. it sucks to know you got shot out by someone who just wiped your shot off his hopper. and ya someones going to say, o well now your becomeing exactly what you hate, well i dont know about you guys but i like to win and losing sucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Public Enemy #1

Thank you. I 100% wish I never needed to cheat, but this isn't Disney World, this is the real world. I'd love to play every game fair and win that way, but you can't these days. Wiping isn't even the worst thing. Its playing on that gets you. Its 2 on 1, you have 2 guys. You run up and try to 1 for 1 with the last guy, so that your team will win. Well, you shoot that guy and he shoots you. He then runs down the field before a ref pulls him and shoots out your last guy. Now instead of you winning, its a tie, because once a player is shot out he can't be put back in. I had a guy try this in the tourney I reffed. Luckily he got shot out after running from me. Thats the reason why I bonus ball people. 5-6 shots is nothing for me to give you if I bunker you. If I shoot you from across the field, expect to get a few more when you stand up. I usually don't do a blatant hand wipe. Its usually something along the lines of rubbing my gun or the hopper into the bunker to rub it off, or my arm against the bunker. If I'm hit in the legs, I'll move to another bunker and dive into it to rub it off. Things like that. I do those when they are needed. I don't automatically go to wipe if I get hit, its situational. If I'm in the semis and the team I'm playing just cheated to win the last game against us. I'll turn around and do it if necessary in the next game. Sometimes I'll do the leg hit stuff without even thinking. Usually refs won't pull you for playing on for something like that. A lot of the time I don't even know if the paint has broken or not, its just reflex. If it broke the ref can run up to me and find it. Its his responsibility to pull a player he's seen get hit. Other things like if I'm running and get hit I'll keep running and shooting and then call myself out after the 2nd or 3rd shot. Just incase inbetween the 1st and 2nd shot to hit me I can possibly get the guy who shot me also. If I atleast take out one person I've done my job. If I go out by myself I've hurt my team. This is an uphill battle though, its 100% impossible to make a recballer understand the tourney mindset. You have to play it and fork out the money to understand.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!